by JochenWeiss

Original Post

[FEEDBACK] [CD] Owning clinic prevents treatment of own dog

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go with you Vet Sims in his own petclinic with his own sick pet
What happens when the bug occurs? vet cant diagnostic his pet
What do you expect to see? on the diagnostic table you can read there is no sick pet
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

Hi Simmers,

my vet Sims owns the pet clinic in Brindleton Bay. After his own dog was sick he went to the clinic (private, the clinic was closed atm) but there he can not vet his pet, the message on the table said "no sick pet on the lot"

I think there is a problem because as owner of the clinic you can not register on the front desk, never mind if the clinic is closed or open.

When it is by design, how should it work with your vet own dog?

Message 1 of 12 (1,059 Views)

Re: vet with own sick dog

Hero

Not sure if that qualifies as bug or just bad design.

Maybe plob down a second clinic somewhere and go there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,029 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There is no reason to build a second clinic if my Sims is a Vet and own one Wink

I can also buy the diagnostic table for his house, but it would be nice to know if itsbad design or a bug.

Message 3 of 12 (1,023 Views)

Hero

Don't really know. 

Tagging @SimGuruNick

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,010 Views)

★ Guide

I had this issue crop up when one of my sim's dogs got sick. Try interacting directly with the pet. It should give the Begin Examination option, hopefully.

Message 5 of 12 (1,005 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I´ve tried it again and it worked at home and in his own clinic, the option came up at the table and at the dog and he coud do the diagnostics.

Maybe it is a problem which only appears under some circumstances.

Message 6 of 12 (999 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you use the same clinic in both cases ? Is it the premade one or a downloaded/self created one ?

Maybe it's your cc/mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (997 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The premade one in both cases. I only have mods (all updated) but you can never be sure about mods Wink

I will try it again and report. 

Message 8 of 12 (973 Views)

Hero

Could you test on a vanilla game if it happens too cause it seems to be possible

I actually can't take any reports for modded games in here cause you can never be sure what's the cause and mods are not supported.

I really hate wasting the devs times for something that they can't even fix cause it's caused by mods. They have enough real issues to fix

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (966 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sure, will do ...

Message 10 of 12 (960 Views)