Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FEEDBACK] Baby Skintone changed after patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? CatsandDogs, Get Together, Get to work, Spa Day, Laundry Day stuff, Movie hangout stuff, backyard stuff, perfect patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just have a baby in the household
What happens when the bug occurs? So, I have a Sim Family where the Mom is fair skin and the Dad is dark skin and so, their baby comes out medium skin tone. Ever since the latest patch came out, after I had updated my game and such, my baby became fair skinned, even when my sim picks her up from the crib. At first I thought it had something to do with my CCs and mods conflicting, so I removed them and booted up the game and my kid still comes out as fair skinned. I repaired the game on Origin. I even used an old save file and she still comes out fair skinned and not her usual medium skin tone
What do you expect to see? Baby should be her medium skin tone and not fair tone
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Affected since the recent patch (PC 1.40.61.1020 / Mac 1.40.61.1220)

Wondering if anyone else has the same problem?

Message 1 of 8 (1,033 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Baby Skintone changed

Hero
Yeah, sounds like a fluke that might also have been caused by anything. Would probably be very hard to replicate and without replicate, it's not something they can fix.

I'm going to leave this on feedback to see if others experience something similar.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (888 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Is it just this one Baby you have issues with or others as well ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (976 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its just this one baby now and I never had this problem with my previous Sim kids

Message 3 of 8 (956 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you age up the baby for testing (don't save) and see what skin it has as a toddler ?

Also could you test another baby to see if it also happens.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (954 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Kay, so when I aged her up she ended up being a tan (like a mix between her parents) 

03-02-18_4-30-11 PM.png03-02-18_4-02-34 PM.png

But when I tried for them to have a second kid, second one (a girl also) came out fair skinned and she aged up to be with fair skin so i guess this one works out

03-02-18_4-47-44 PM.png03-02-18_4-48-29 PM.png

Message 5 of 8 (758 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So now I decided to carry out some tests on other townies 

first one are two medium skin toned sims and I wanted to see what will happen with their offsprings. They had 3 girls and each of them were born with medium skin tones. So this one didn't have any problems and I just wanted to make sure that the medium skin tone didn't have a bug or something

03-02-18_5-00-32 PM.png03-02-18_5-03-24 PM.png 03-02-18_5-03-55 PM.png03-02-18_5-04-41 PM.png

second test that I did was a dark skin tone sim with a fair skin tone (I used Johnny Zest as the dad)

03-02-18_5-07-21 PM.png

They ended up with 3 kids as well, (2 girls and a boy). The girls were dark skin tone and the boy was medium tone. The aged up toddlers were fine with the fair boy being with a close skin tone with Johnny. By the looks of it, it looks like it might have something to do with my save file and I'm guessing I might just have to live with it? 

03-02-18_5-11-14 PM.png03-02-18_5-11-33 PM.png03-02-18_5-13-04 PM.png

Ultimately, my fair skin baby does age up to a mix of her parents. Just didn't expect her to suddenly change her skin tone in between 

Message 6 of 8 (752 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Yeah, sounds like a fluke that might also have been caused by anything. Would probably be very hard to replicate and without replicate, it's not something they can fix.

I'm going to leave this on feedback to see if others experience something similar.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (889 Views)

★★★★ Novice
alright, thanks so much for your help :D
Message 8 of 8 (673 Views)