Extreme lag issue since high school years

by Atlanta1912

Original Post

Extreme lag issue since high school years

★★★★★ Novice

Ever since High School years came out my game has been awful.

To start my sims lose hours of time due to no reason other than the lag. I can't even send my sims to high school because as soon as i do it takes 1 sim hour to get them from the arrival point to the building meaning that they never complete anything. I've had my sims gets detention for missing a class they couldn't even attend due to the lag issue. 

Whenever i send them away from their home for example to travel for a date the lag is there again. The only time this issue isn't as bad is on the home lot (even though it still happens). 

If i pause the game to actually click on another sim or an object and pick the task (as this is easier due to the lag) whenever i unpause it the clock skips times for example i paused it on 5pm exactly to click on my sim's friend and the unpaused and it had skipped to 6:41pm.

I have tried with mods and cc but i have also tried without them in. I have tried the 50/50 thing and still doesn't work. I have plenty of storage on my Macbook which is also fully updated to the latest software update. My game itself is fully updated as well.

Message 1 of 3 (1,899 Views)

Re: Extreme lag issue since high school years

Hero

@Atlanta1912 

One thing I found that helps with lag is to turn autonomy off.  I generally don't have lag issues anywhere other than the residential lots.  I first started having a big lag issue on the larger lots with big houses. lots of objects in them and big gardens.  As long as I only play 1 or 2 sims, it isn't too bad but get the sim count up the 8 and lag makes the lot almost unplayable.   It's even worse if they have a great reputation, have a lot of friends, and get a lot of the phone calls associated with having babies, should I get to know, etc.  Lots of things go into why we get lag but these are the main things I see in how my game performs.

I have always played with autonomy on except to do certain things, like when I work on the SE milestone to soak a long time in a hot springs.  Turning autonomy off then is the only way I can keep my sims in the hot springs long enough to complete the milestone, otherwise they are constantly getting in and out and that really makes it hard to complete the milestone.  Anyway, after a trip to Mt K to do the milestone, I forgot to turn autonomy back on when I left.  I was literally amazed when I got the bunch back home and the lag that I had been having on their home lot was pretty much gone.  After that, I played several other lots where I had bad lag and found those played a lot better as well.  So now, I just play with autonomy off when I play a lot that has a lot of lag.  I don't like doing that since you miss a lot of little things that happen autonomously, but I would rather have the game run without the lag.

So, you might want to give it a try to see if that helps to reduce the lag for you.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3 (1,867 Views)

Re: Extreme lag issue since high school years

★★★ Apprentice

Adding into here that I had not had this la issue until an August Patch came about. A few days (real) after my game broke about the time this mysterious lag started happening. I had been investigating a lot since as much as I could, even on painful vanilla.

One point replacing the default EA school with a gallery-created one cleared up the lag for me. But I have it  (this lag) and broken game again even after it fixed for a moment.

Message 3 of 3 (1,854 Views)