Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Radeon RX Vega 56
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Challenges > Exploration > Bastion Regions > Great Falls Canyon Exploration
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 22.02.19 01:15 CET
Summarize your bug Great Falls Canyon Exploration challenge does not complete. I have found the Wedged Key landmark earlier, probably before day-one patch, but it never counted into the appropriate exploration challenge. Now that i found all the other landmarks the challenge still won't complete, showing missing location where Wedged Key is supposed to be.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea how you reproduce, others don't seem to have the same issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? Great Falls Canyon Exploration challenge does not complete.
What should be happening instead? Great Falls Canyon Exploration challenge completes because all locations are already found.

Message 1 of 4 (685 Views)

Re: Exploration challenge does not complete

★★★ Novice

Found a workaround! Challenge progress is shared between all pilots, but exploration objectives reset on each new pilot.
Make a new pilot, explore the bugged objective, profit.

Message 2 of 4 (643 Views)

★ Novice

New pilot as in a new javelin or as in a new save game?

Message 3 of 4 (549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@CrashDeltaA new pilot creates a new character that starts with the first tutorial. You can have up to 3 pilots at a time. You can access your pilot list to create a new one or switch between them from the game's title screen. From there you can see the option in the bottom right corner. Default keybinds for PC is 'F'.

Using a second pilot is a workaround for a number of glitches concerning challenges since all challenge progress is shared between pilots. Additionally, all currencies (Coin, crystals, shards and Guardians Tokens), cosmetic unlocks, and crafting blueprints are shared between pilots.

So, a new pilot can let you repeat the story campaign again, but you would be able to craft some masterwork items as soon as you get access to the forge to help speed you on your way. Masterworks crafted at low level aren't at power 61, but they are considerably better than the common, uncommon, rare and epic stuff that will drop for you as you level.

PS This thread is from over a year ago, it seems unlikely that the original posters would see your question. Nevertheless, I hope I answered your question sufficiently.

Message 4 of 4 (521 Views)