Re: Expanding/building basement puts plants into household inventory

by Wikidpsycokilla

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I just did some more testing in an old save, looks like it only affects plants that are in a garden planter box now. Plants that are in the ground will stay put, but if you move it to a planter box it will go to inventory. After expanding/shrinking the basement a few times i also noticed it would randomly sell off some of the planter boxes, i went from 8 to 5, but those last 5 would stay, but any plant you put in them would go to inventory. It may have something to do with the basement extending beyond the outer walls of the first floor. At least since the last 2 updates it isnt affecting any furniture or decorations. I went ahead and uploaded the lot as "Basement Bug Test"

Message 11 of 19 (779 Views)

Hero

Tagging @BryonyRae

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 19 (768 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Wikidpsycokilla I downloaded your build (thank you very much for providing it!) and did a good deal of basement moving/deleting/creating/etc. and none of the plants or planters ever were moved or placed into household inventory.  I'm not sure what else to try at this point that might duplicate your issue; perhaps if you were able to record a video (the game allows this by pressing V) that shows the exact steps you take on this build when the problem occurs, that would be the next step.  Also, if you haven't already, would you please try 1) removing any mods/CC, 2) clearing your cache, 3) repairing the game via Origin, 4) starting a new save, and 5) placing your build and testing it in the new save.

Message 13 of 19 (761 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@bookmaster325 that doesn't sound exactly like the issue we're discussing here.  When you change the shape/size of a room or area in the game, such that the change intersects with objects, then yes, they will be moved/removed, and that is expected behavior.  In the case of the OP's issue, she is building on a floor beneath the objects that are being removed, and the changes in room shapes/sizes below do not (should not) affect anything placed above ground.

Message 14 of 19 (758 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Okay, followed all the steps, money cheat to get lot into new game and no bug. I loaded saves from before basement was built and no bug. Reloaded old save with basement and bug is there. Recovered old save to earliest possible(05/10/17), loaded that, no missing mod notification so this is definitely before i had any cc installed, and bug is there. Bulldozed the lot and placed from library, no bug. Then i put all my mods back in and loaded my current save. This is a continuation of my old one, except i had saved the build to library and moved to a bigger lot so i could expand. I got only some of the plants both in ground and in boxes to bug to inventory and only 1 box auto-sold(cant be placed in inventory, only option is to sell) on basement expansion, and 2 tombstones to bug into inventory when reducing the basement. After putting them back they stayed. I made the lot move on 5/15/17, and i know i had to replace a few plants/boxes that completely disappeared during building shortly after the move. There were patches on 5/25 and 6/1. I'm pretty confident that only things that were placed/generated before either of those patches are currently being affected. Anyways, it looks like my particular bug has been squashed by the recent patches, so im gonna go ahead and mark this as solved. I did take a video of the bug in action as proof im not insane, and i can upload it somewhere if you wanna see it. Thanks for the help all, and happy simming.

Message 15 of 19 (2,577 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't think this has been entirely solved. I'm still experiencing this issue, with a bit of a twist. Not only will creating the basement cause this to happen, but drawing walls inside the basement after it's created, or painting the walls in the basement. I tried it with high, medium, and low walls to see if it was an intersection issue, but nothing intersects that I can see. One other thing is, when it happens due to me painting a wall, I can tell it's going to happen because the price of the paint changes to show me a refund because it's about to give me back several hundred simoleans because it's going to sell the plants and planters when I do it. I'm sorry if others can't reproduce this bug, but it is happening so I hope someone will continue to try and puzzle it out. Thank you.

Message 16 of 19 (714 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I'm still willing to try to test and reproduce this @Avilea.  It sounds like you have a build in progress where this is happening.  Would you be able to upload it to the Gallery as "Test Basement Bug" or the like, so that I can take a look?  It would be great if it had the plants/planters in the positions where you have them just before they are moved.  Also, if you can describe to me (or show a screen shot or two of where you subsequently drew/painted walls that causes the issue in your game, it would help.

Message 17 of 19 (683 Views)

★ Novice
@bookmaster325 Thank you for this! Turning on Move Objects worked for me, too. Thanks for sharing!
Message 18 of 19 (473 Views)

Community Manager
Closing thread here.

For future readers, please try the advise shared in this thread. If it helps, please consider giving the post that shared the helpful advise some XP as Kudos.

If not, please open a new/fresh thread and add more information from there.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 19 of 19 (445 Views)