Re: Expanding/building basement puts plants into household inventory

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Expanding/building basement puts plants into household inventory

★★★★ Novice
when I enlarge/ place things in my basement random plants or furniture get placed into my household inventory, and I have to place them back to where they were in the lot. The worst part is if the plants are harvestable any fruit is in the household inventory and can not be put in fridges/sim inventory, can either sell stack or crowd up rooms placing 1 at a time
Message 1 of 19 (2,125 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Okay, followed all the steps, money cheat to get lot into new game and no bug. I loaded saves from before basement was built and no bug. Reloaded old save with basement and bug is there. Recovered old save to earliest possible(05/10/17), loaded that, no missing mod notification so this is definitely before i had any cc installed, and bug is there. Bulldozed the lot and placed from library, no bug. Then i put all my mods back in and loaded my current save. This is a continuation of my old one, except i had saved the build to library and moved to a bigger lot so i could expand. I got only some of the plants both in ground and in boxes to bug to inventory and only 1 box auto-sold(cant be placed in inventory, only option is to sell) on basement expansion, and 2 tombstones to bug into inventory when reducing the basement. After putting them back they stayed. I made the lot move on 5/15/17, and i know i had to replace a few plants/boxes that completely disappeared during building shortly after the move. There were patches on 5/25 and 6/1. I'm pretty confident that only things that were placed/generated before either of those patches are currently being affected. Anyways, it looks like my particular bug has been squashed by the recent patches, so im gonna go ahead and mark this as solved. I did take a video of the bug in action as proof im not insane, and i can upload it somewhere if you wanna see it. Thanks for the help all, and happy simming.

View in thread

Message 15 of 19 (2,470 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Plants that were on that floor or on different floors ?

Tagging @BryonyRae

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (2,078 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@Wikidpsycokilla which lot are you using?  Are you using a build that you downloaded from the Gallery or one of your own creation?  If a gallery build, please provide me with its name and/or a link to it.  I take it that you are using the bb.moveobjects cheat in order to enlarge objects.  Has the behavior ever occurred while placing objects in the basement with bb.moveobjects *off*?  Does it only happen when you are enlarging & placing objects or also when you are simply placing them?  Are the objects being placed into inventory at or near the same location as the objects you are placing?

I'm sorry for the barrage of questions, but in order to try to test and reproduce what you're experiencing, I need those details.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 19 (2,067 Views)

Hero

Tagging @Wikidpsycokilla for further feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (2,042 Views)

★★★ Novice
I also have this. I didn't know it was a bug and thought it was just the way it functioned. I bought my base game after basements were added and it has always been that way for me. It happens exactly the way OP says. I have all DLC except Vintage Glamour. No Mods or CC has ever been in my game at any time.
Message 5 of 19 (2,026 Views)

Hero

Could you check @BryonyRae question above? 

@sparkleplumley

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (2,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I did not have any cheats enabled, i meant if i enlarge a room or place anything in that room of the basement random things in the floor above it will go into household inventory, usually furniture or plants/garden boxes that are outside. It is a custom lot i made from scratch on that empty lot in willow creek next to the goths

Message 7 of 19 (2,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Wikidpsycokilla Okay, that information helps.  I will test in my game and see if I can reproduce your experience.

Edit:  I did testing on that same lot, with a fully furnished home with plants in the front & backyard.  I created several different basement rooms underneath and spent time enlarging/reducing/moving them around in various ways.  Nothing ever dropped into household inventory or was removed from above ground.  It might help if I could test the specific home and setup you're using.  If you'd be willing to upload your build to the Gallery - you could just call it something like "Test Basement Bug," I could download it and do further testing.

Message 8 of 19 (1,990 Views)

Hero

Since unresolved, I'm just giving this a little nudge

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (1,978 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've experienced this in several saves (I hesitate to say all only because I don't remember if it happened the first time I started to build basements). Certain things seem to disappear (usually to the inventory) when expanding the area, usually because of the proximity of objects. I can easily get around this though. While in build mode, I enable testing cheats and turn on moveobjects cheat before I expand the basement. (can easily turn off the moveobjects cheat again afterward, unless you like floating plates, etc. lol)

Message 10 of 19 (1,970 Views)