Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Excessive use of Cell Phone

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply play the game. All Sims while walking, will constantly pull out their cell phones. They will do this constantly. Even while sitting and talking with other Sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? All Sims while walking, will constantly pull out their cell phones. They will do this constantly. Even while sitting and talking with other Sims.
What do you expect to see? I expect to NOT see my Sims constantly pulling out their cell phones to look at them. They do it way too much, like every other second. It's very annoying. They did not do this before the July 26th update. I do not want them doing this anymore.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please fix issue soon

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 57 (11,181 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Excessive use of Cell Phone

Hero

Sim phone usage has been tamped down. Teens will still use the phone more often.

Fixed in Patch 1.91.186/1.63 

I'm going to mark this as fixed. I'm going to guess that it's probably still too much so make a new thread if you think so.

This thread also had some situations where the phone usage just wasn't appropriate like while swimming.

If you still have those situations, please create one thread per situation.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 57 of 57 (7,302 Views)

All Replies

Re: Excessive use of Cell Phone

★★★★★ Novice

I have this same problem, it's very annoying. Not only are my sims constantly on their phones, they absolutely refuse to jog to far-off locations unless I specifically tell them to. It's made getting around super frustrating.

I've also noticed that sims will now jog (using the 'go for jog' interaction) while looking down at their phone 90% of the time. Very safe running form you've developed there, guys.

Message 2 of 57 (11,049 Views)

★ Guide

My sim was using his phone whilst rampaging on all fours as a werewolf!!! So ridiculous!! 😂 

Message 3 of 57 (11,027 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Hyeen The non-jogging is driving me crazy too.
Message 4 of 57 (11,018 Views)

★★★★ Guide

they indeed use the smartphone ALL the time - it gets on my nerves... i even dont like this in real life omg

Message 5 of 57 (11,008 Views)

Hero
TwistedMexi has made a mod for it already. It's still only early access patron but I'm going to put it on the list as soon as it gets released for everyone

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 57 (10,992 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive use of Cell Phone while walking

★★★ Pro

Yeah, it is ridiculous, especially if they talk and then the other person grabs her phone. Sorry but a little basic respect sims should have. I hope they change this or change it so that only teens are phone zombies.

Thank you @crinrict I will grab this mod it if it gets released for all. // But really, we should not need a mod for it, this is just again a stupid design decision.

Message 7 of 57 (10,969 Views)

Phone Addiction Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sesaons, Get To Work, Get together, Werewolves, The Star Wars One, Strangerville, City Living, Island Living (Theres alot of packs with the word "Living'), Dine Out, Movie Hangout, Bowling, Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click "Go Here"
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims go for a stroll and pull out there phones instead of jogging
What do you expect to see? The Sims jogging like they did pre-update
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to latest game version...

Note: The Only mods I have is MCCC Tmexi's All Cheats and custom Furnature that either i made or off of Mod the sims and SaveState's Furry Mod

Message 8 of 57 (10,932 Views)

Re: Phone Addiction Bug

Hero
I have Early Access HSY installed (thanks EACN) and it looks like that if deactivate Social Bunny, they will no longer check their phone.

To me this makes it even more of a bug cause they shouldn't be checking their phones if they don't have social bunny, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 57 (10,717 Views)

Re: Phone Addiction Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Sadly, it doesn’t work for me. I deactivate social bunny, but my test sim still pulls out his phone for this idle and have somebody notice that sims doesn’t run and now ALWAYS WALKS? You can order them to the end of the map they just WALK there…

Message 10 of 57 (10,554 Views)