Re: Everything disappears in a house

by crinrict

Original Post

Everything disappears in a house

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None. Base game only and free holiday pack only.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit a non active household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything in the house disappears as if I haven't knocked on the door but my sim continues doing autonomous actions with invisible objects (e.g. reading invisible books and sitting on invisible chairs).
What do you expect to see? All the furniture actually there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So I was visiting a non-active household's house with two of my sims (James & Myla). Myla was inside the house and James was wandering the street outside the house. I was playing with Myla in the house and everything was working fine. I then switched to James outside. When I switched back to Myla, she was still inside the house but I couldn't see anything as if I hadn't knocked on the door yet. I got Myla to walk outside the house and then back inside. When she did that, all the furniture and stuff inside the house disappeared, but Myla still continued doing autonomous actions like sitting down on invisible chairs and reading books that weren't there... I'm attaching a screenshot so you can see what I mean. The blond girl is Myla and the guy in the blue suit (who is eating off an invisible plate) is a non-active sim). I'm not playing with any packs. Please help. How do I fix this???https://preview.redd.it/hbdrq2m1zdk51.png?width=1600&format=png&auto=webp&s=80c5e3e7c2bdc721d1f7de87... 

Message 1 of 7 (451 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry I forgot to include the actual screenshot as an attachment. Here you go:

Message 2 of 7 (449 Views)

Hero
@GreenMonkey958 It looks like the house is looking inaccessible again. Don't think it has anything to do with the furniture actually disappearing.

Did you edit anything on the lot like in this bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Freebuild-While-Visiting-Residential-Lots-Become/t... or just switch to the other Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (421 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict It doesn't look like the same problem. All the times this happened to me, my sim always vanished too whenever they entered the house after everything vanished.
Message 4 of 7 (403 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Psychotps Does look like a closed household though and not like all furniture just disappear physically ? Or are the no longer there when you change households ?

I can duplicate the freebuild issue but just switching Sims hasn't closed the house for me.

Furniture seems invisible rather than not there

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrict

It looks like a house does before I knocked on it. If my sim is inside at the time, they are invisible as well. I can send my sim outside and they re-appear, but if I send them back inside, they vanish again.

This one in the pic looks different. Everything's gone, but the sims are still there.

I suppose it could be a variation of the other bug. I never tried multiple sims and switching either.

EDIT:

I just tried it. Leaving one outside, and one inside after knocking. I switched between the two multiple times and I couldn't get the insides to vanish until I went into Buy mode. As soon as I left Buy mode, it went back to everything and everyone being invisible.

Message 6 of 7 (382 Views)

Hero
@Psychotps Guess we'll need some clarification from @GreenMonkey958

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (366 Views)