Re: Event duration with heirloom boost

by Sera_Sims_Mobile

Original Post

Event duration with heirloom boost

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad Air 4
OS Version 14.3
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Relationship event options, this bug appears on every type of event be it quick, standard or long events.
What do you expect to see? Duration of events with boosts applied to be executed correctly.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Malaysia

My sim has a stack of boost that are supposed to reduce the relationship event duration. I see the shorter time indicated when I tap on another sim to start the event, but when the game takes me to the actual event itself, the duration is increased... please refer to screenshots attached

Message 1 of 9 (589 Views)

Dot.: Event duration with heirloom boost

★ Apprentice
@xChainsmok3r the boosts will help you gain higher success rate in doing risky action while doing the event.

On the other hand, You will have a half-shorter-period event when you do the event with your active roommate
Message 2 of 9 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@xChainsmok3rcan you check if the second sim (not your sim) has one of the Alluring trait? I'm pretty sure that is the reason. But yeah, it is a bug.

@Sera_Sims_Mobile  the Alluring trait is supposed to cut some time down at the beginning of the event, not give you a higher success rate during the event.

Message 3 of 9 (468 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for your reply, Yani. My second sim have got the alluring trait assigned as well btw. This actually applies to all other events as well, not only the flirty ones. The indicated duration for friendly events (with good upbringing trait) i think rightfully should be 54 minutes for a quick event, but when I actually click into it to begin the event, it starts off at 57 minutes. I tried clearing website data, even the much dreaded delete & reinstall app method of troubleshooting but to no success ): this is a bug I hope the sim-gods squash soon! 

Message 4 of 9 (459 Views)

★ Apprentice
@yani_tsm Oh, i see. I never have one so i dont know about it. Thx for the info
Message 5 of 9 (429 Views)

★★★ Guide
@xChainsmok3r I know this bug have been for a while.
For some reason the trait of the other sim is influencing the time of the event card. At first I thought that the shorter time is supposed to be the true one, but SalixCat explained me that unfortunately it is not. :-( The event card is wrong.
Message 6 of 9 (404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
Message 7 of 9 (401 Views)

Hero

@yani_tsm The link you posted is broken or incomplete.

Is this the explanation you were looking for? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Wrong-initial-duration-displayed-on-event-hangout-cards/m...

The way in which the information is shown on the cards was changed in the High Fashion update (September 2019). 

Here's an example. On the left side you can see how it was before the High Fashion update. It showed same time (1 h 18 s) when Bella (adult w/out good upbringing) had a family event with a child who already had good upbringing. After the update, it showed 57 min. on the card and an effective duration of 1 hour. Those 3 minutes are due to the kid's GU trait, not Bella's as she doesn't have GU. 

Tap or click on the image to enlarge:

I asked then for an explanation. The answer I had is that nothing's actually changed in terms of the actual event duration as the 18s are just rounded off. 

Event duration is reduced only if the triggering Sim has the trait.

The issue here is the information displayed on the card. It is expecting the target Sims's GU to reduce the event duration when it's only the triggering Sim's trait that can affect event duration.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 8 of 9 (395 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SalixCat Thank you, SalixCat. I was referencing the same topic.
Message 9 of 9 (392 Views)