Re: Internet Icon Event is inaccessible - I do not have the heirloom

by givememore86

Original Post

[Event] Missing Internet Icon event

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone
OS Version 12.2
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003426374700
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Everyone else has access to the "Internet Icon" event & it is locked for me! (I don't have the heirloom)
What do you expect to see? I expect to see access to play this event!!
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

I DO NOT HAVE THE Internet Icon HEIRLOOM and the hobby items have a lock on them saying that I need the heirloom to unlock. I should not be required to buy it (which it is offering me) for $9.99 when everyone else has the option to play and earn it! Now I am down a day of playing too, which is not fair.

No photo description available.

Message 4 of 23 (1,696 Views)

Missing event

★ Novice

Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) I pad
OS Version iOS 12.2
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003515517057
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Misssing event
What do you expect to see? missing new event
Connection Type Wifi
Country United States
Additional feedback Missing event

Missing event 

Message 1 of 23 (1,663 Views)

missing event

★ Novice

Missing event

Message 2 of 23 (1,605 Views)

Re: Missing event

★ Guide
I already have the heirloom and Magnetic 2 so I didn’t receive a quest either. However, I’ve seen several people without the heirloom that don’t have the event. Hope this gets sorted for you!
Message 3 of 23 (1,642 Views)

No Internet Icon quest available

★ Novice

Platform:Apple iPod
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPod touch
OS Version 12.2
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003132659492
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make sure the Internet Icon quest is available for everyone.
What do you expect to see? The quest for Internet Icon hobby
Connection Type Wifi
Country Canada
Additional feedback

Platform:Apple iPod
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) IPod touch 6
OS Version 12.2
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003132659492
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check and see if the internet icon quest is available globally
What do you expect to see? The quest for Internet Icon hobby.
Connection Type Mobile
Country Canada
Additional feedback Please fix this bug before the quest is no longer available, the countdown is only for 2 days

I have seen screenshots and heard of the Internet Icon quest becoming available today, it is 8:13 pm and still nothing. I am updated and have had no issues with the game otherwise, I expect to see the quest available or to be reimbursed if the issue isn’t fixed before it the quest expires.

Message 5 of 23 (1,653 Views)

★★★ Pro

Do you have any magnetic heirlooms? Because from what I am reading via tweets if you seem to have those heirlooms the quest will not pop up.

Message 6 of 23 (1,639 Views)

★★★ Pro

I do agree though that you should be getting the quest.

Message 7 of 23 (1,642 Views)

★★★ Pro

Did you update your game? There was an upgrade about 4 days ago. If you did not, please make sure that you updated to the newest version. Make sure your game is connected to Facebook, EA etc. Then force stop. Restart your phone. Hopefully that will work. 

Message 8 of 23 (1,635 Views)

★★★ Pro

Just one more thing, make sure you have your game account number, I have lost my game previously, make sure you have that number.

Message 9 of 23 (1,632 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing the same exact problem!!! I have spoke to several people on 2 groups I am apart of on Facebook and several of them are having the same problem as well! This is very frustrating and I hope they will fix this.

Message 10 of 23 (1,629 Views)