Re: Hot Tub Event - Actions W/Hot Tub Object

by brief_candles

Original Post

[Event] Hot Tub Partners are random

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy S8
OS Version 9.2.1.145832
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1002974255741
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the hot tub functions
What do you expect to see? When using certain options that requires a partner, I would like to see the current date/social companion. NOT a random passerby or a family member.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback amused at first, but now bothered that they're having incest with their parents O.o

When I use my hot tub, randomly chosen avatars join my character. During an event, it is not always putting the date with them. Twice now, I've had the characters DAD join him, and then his MOM. But mostly it has been strangers walking down the sidewalk, and very rarely the person they are in the event with.

Message 8 of 15 (2,114 Views)

Hot Tub WooHoo Partners

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

So I got the hot tub, and now my character woohoos with anyone in the area, even person still at stranger status. But yet in bed, you have to be a certain relationship level to woohoo.

They'll even be on a date event, and she still ends up with someone not her date in the tub.

Is the hot tub meant to make your avatar the town bicycle, or is this a bug?

Message 1 of 15 (2,199 Views)

Re: Hot Tub WooHoo Partners

That doesn't sound right. Could you make a new bug post in the bug forum?
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/the-sims-mobile-bug-reports-en

A new post asks a bit more information which can help solve the issue.

Maybe you can add some screenshots too?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 15 (2,190 Views)

Hot Tub Event - Actions W/Hot Tub Object

★★★ Newbie
Whenever I choose a sim to do an action with the Hot Tub Object, such as woohoo or relax, it chooses a random sim walking by the house to join them, rather than the sim they are socializing with.
Message 3 of 15 (2,183 Views)

EA app Team
Hi,

I'm moving this thread to Bug reports forum - if you could open a new thread and fill the form that would be great! It allows us keep better track of it better than if it's a moved thread.

We will merge this one to the new one with all the information if you open it.

Thanks for your reports!
-Mai
Message 4 of 15 (2,174 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have tried several times to make the bug report, but it just keeps saying "preview" never submit. It then freezes then I have to reset the page, and do it all over, and still it won't submit.

And now my new avatar is "having a moment" with his FATHER in the hot tub instead of his date. O.o

Message 5 of 15 (2,136 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm this behavior.

In particular, this happens during a friendship / socializing event. Sometimes, the hot tub will allow an action. If you select "woohoo with..." it will grab someone random, rather than the person you are having the event with.

Message 6 of 15 (2,101 Views)

EA app Team
Thanks for the clarification, @gamer2049er.

@Hotanuri, I will be sending you a PM about bug reporting issue.

-Mai
Message 7 of 15 (2,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Hotanuri

I had the same issue when submitting a bug report (greyed out submit box). Try typing something (e.g. thanks) in the “Compose” field. That worked for me. Hope that helps.

(I’m also experiencing the same issue as OP.)

ETA: Oops. Sorry I’d missed EA_Mai’s reply ☺️

Message 9 of 15 (2,004 Views)

Re: [Open] Hot Tub Partners are random

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Now I have the toddlers in the house joining the hot tub frolic, but the game stretches them out to look like the Thin Man, and they are freakishly distorted. Then they return to normal size when the action is completed.

The picture attached is my controlled character with her Toddler Brother

Message 10 of 15 (1,892 Views)