[Event] Events not counting towards completion 12/19 Halloween event

by ravenlau122

Original Post

[Event] Events not counting towards completion 12/19 Halloween event

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6s plus
OS Version 12.0.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 奧伯倫
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try the new event at part 12/19 And hated relationship IS NOT WORKING FOR THE EVENT I had try 2 times of “quick hang out” to finish the new Halloween event part 12/19 Still not working
What do you expect to see?
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Asia
Country Hong Kong
Additional feedback

It’s not working as usual 

a friendly relationship is working for the event part12/19

but hated relationship is not working.

please fix it

Message 1 of 12 (1,730 Views)

Halloween Headstart task very unclear

★★★ Apprentice

I have done about 10 varying kinds relationship events trying to complete this card... I have no idea what it is asking for. Directions are very unclear! I finally completed it, and it only worked for events for entering new chapters. No part of the card specified that...

Message 2 of 12 (1,567 Views)

Re: the new Halloween event has bugged

★★★ Apprentice

Yes! I just posted about this in the technical issues areas. I got it to work by completing events that begin a new chapter. But I had to do like 10 events to figure that out.  

Message 3 of 12 (1,663 Views)

Re: Halloween Headstart task very unclear

@mem1222, I saw your reaction to: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Negative-events-not-counting-towards-completion-12-19/m-p...
But from what I read here you have this issue with any kinds of relationships, they need to be new relations to work for this part of the event?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 12 (1,549 Views)

Re: [Open] Negative events not counting towards completion 12/19 Halloween event

★★★ Newbie
Did you get it to work?
Message 5 of 12 (1,599 Views)

Re: [Open] Negative events not counting towards completion 12/19 Halloween event

Hero

It says "keep your friends close in these spooky times" 

You have to start three friendly relationships and then choose friendly stories. 

It won't work if you choose rivalry or romance.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 6 of 12 (1,587 Views)

Re: Halloween Headstart task very unclear

★★★ Apprentice

No matter the relationship type, it only worked for the events that entered new chapters. Didn’t matter the chapter, or it it was a rival, friend, or romance. It didn’t work for the “begin a...” events either. Only for the special events that begin new chapters... it was very strange!

Message 7 of 12 (1,493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

E5na, 

I’m not sure if that worked for you, but I was only able to progress with the events that entered new chapters. It did not matter if they were rival, romance, or friendly. Any type worked, so long as it was an event for a new chapter... and the “begin a...” event did not count either. For any relationship type. I had to do around 10 varying kinds of events to figure it out. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Halloween-Headstart-task-very-unclear/m-p/7118184/highlig...

Message 8 of 12 (1,533 Views)

Hero

@mem1222, I tried first starting one romantic and two friendly relationships, and choosing stories. Only friendly new relationships counted. The romantic didn't count, so I tried again with friendly and finished that part of the quest. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 9 of 12 (1,515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@SalixCat Very interesting. New relationships, even friendly ones, didn’t seem to work for me. I Honestly have no explanation! Very weird.

In any case, the “technical issue” post I made simply states that the directions were very unclear. The task was to begin a “relationship” event, which means any kind of relationship should have counted, no matter what the title of the task was.

Then, that little question mark usually explains the exact way to get credit, but in this case it simply restated the task the way it said on the card (“relationship”). You can see my screenshots at my post.

Also usually the action bubbles that pop up for quests are blue instead of green to stand out, so you know that you’re doing it for the quest. In this case, there were no indicators when tapping on a sim that your action was going to count. Really just to sum up, all of those extra things they do to make the task clear are super necessary, and hopefully they don’t get left out in future quests Standard smile

Message 10 of 12 (1,510 Views)