Re: Event randomly changes after closing the app

by h3b94l11m3wp

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Yes!  I can’t complete the baby quest because it’s been doing this to me, extremely frustrating!!!!!

Message 41 of 50 (1,738 Views)

Re: [Open] Event randomly changes after closing the app

★★★ Novice
@Phantomlover1717 You asked a week ago but.. It's still happening, but not as much. Options are still missing, but the events don't change so much. The marine biologist job is a mess, all I can do is the medium event. I have reached the level 10 but the medium event is still the only one i can play. On the sim's profile it seems that the job is 87%, but it never increases. I just simply can't finish the story.
Message 42 of 50 (1,717 Views)

@pihhla have you tried the force closing methode mentioned in this post? 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 43 of 50 (1,703 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Phantomlover1717 Yes, a few times. The sims were not in events when I cleared the cache and shut my phone. When I open the game, the sims are finishing events I made them do weeks ago. (I know this because one of them always finishes relationship event with a sim that moved away week ago). Still unable to finish the marine biologist story and I noticed someone had the same problem with a yoga(?) hobby.
Message 44 of 50 (1,672 Views)

You need to do force close it a couple of times, until you don't have any finished events pop up again. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 45 of 50 (1,649 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes. This happens to me too. And it is happening with the winter quest. I was in the cafe event with 6 hours to go. Closed the app for about an hour, came back and it said my sim had just completed a long hangout (which they haven’t been set to do in weeks).  My other 2 sims had been working long shifts, but when I logged back in, it said they had just finished quick shifts. The worst part is that now when I click on a couch, I cannot even see the choice of completing the Cafe quest event, and that is the next event I need to complete. I am very upset that these problems (which have been happening to me since the harvest quest) are going to cause my winter quests to be ruined. 

Message 46 of 50 (1,581 Views)

★★ Novice

This has been happening to me since harvest quest. 

Message 47 of 50 (1,581 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks everyone for your feedback and reports, sorry to read this is still happening for you. The team is still working on this issue, but in the meantime, I would like to share again the workaround that can help with this:

1. If any Sims have completed events that are ready to be collected, collect those.

2. Close your game completely, also in the background. 

• On iOS (iPhone 8 or earlier): press the home button twice and swipe up on the game.
  • On iOS (iPhone X or later): from the home screen, swipe up from the bottom and leave your finger on the screen about halfway, then swipe up on the game.
  • On Android: go to Settings > Apps, look for The Sims Mobile and Force Close the app.

3. Open The Sims Mobile and collect events again.

4. Please, repeat these steps until events are no longer appearing as complete neither changing. Depending on how many events your Sims are stuck in, you might need to do this more than once.

Please, give it a try if you haven't already, and let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

-Mai

Message 48 of 50 (3,989 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for this. I just followed your steps and had to open and clear tasks in the app three times before I opened it to find all events done. The extra strange thing is that it was telling me that relationship tasks were being completed but it was showing my sim at work. Hopefully this fixes the issues going forward and there won’t be any during winterfest. Thanks again!

Message 49 of 50 (1,448 Views)

Re: [Workaround] Event randomly changes after closing the app

★★★★ Expert

Yikes on your naked sim!

Message 50 of 50 (1,192 Views)