by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Event] Event randomly changes after closing the app

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 5S
OS Version 11.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003048863868
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim start an event, and after some time, close the game. Reopen the game. Your sim is now doing a different event (usually the last completed event).
What do you expect to see? The sim finished the event assigned.
Connection Type
Please select your region
Country
Additional feedback

There's a very annoying glitch.

My sim randomly changes events after closing the game and reopening it. Usually it's replaced by the last event completed by the sim.

Force closing and reopening the app seems to solve the problem, but still it's annoying.

Message 1 of 50 (4,163 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Open] Event randomly changes after closing the app

EA app Team

Thanks everyone for your feedback and reports, sorry to read this is still happening for you. The team is still working on this issue, but in the meantime, I would like to share again the workaround that can help with this:

1. If any Sims have completed events that are ready to be collected, collect those.

2. Close your game completely, also in the background. 

• On iOS (iPhone 8 or earlier): press the home button twice and swipe up on the game.
  • On iOS (iPhone X or later): from the home screen, swipe up from the bottom and leave your finger on the screen about halfway, then swipe up on the game.
  • On Android: go to Settings > Apps, look for The Sims Mobile and Force Close the app.

3. Open The Sims Mobile and collect events again.

4. Please, repeat these steps until events are no longer appearing as complete neither changing. Depending on how many events your Sims are stuck in, you might need to do this more than once.

Please, give it a try if you haven't already, and let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

-Mai

View in thread

Message 48 of 50 (3,900 Views)

All Replies

Re: Event randomly changes after closing the app

★ Apprentice
Yes! This has been happening to me for the last 3 days! It's definitely slowing me down on this new quest.
Message 2 of 50 (4,093 Views)

Do the length of the events change as well? So you were doing for example a long shift, does it change in to a short shift?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 50 (4,077 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yes. Sometimes it's Long to Quick, or Long to Standard, or Standard to Quick when I collect the rewards, and I believe the length the events change as well.

Message 4 of 50 (4,048 Views)

★★ Novice
it's been happening to me a lot too, it happened with the Harvest Cooking at the Restaurant event and now i'm afraid that will count as still going on forever ans I'll never be able to finish the quests to unlock the new story.
Message 5 of 50 (4,021 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Mine has been consistently changing back to the “A Real Handful” event with one particular sim. It doesn’t matter if he was in a short, standard, or long event. It just keeps switching back to A Real Handful. One time it actually didn’t even send me back home to complete it. My sim was standing in an empty lot.

Message 6 of 50 (4,012 Views)

I just ran in to this issue myself, but it caused another major bug that is going on:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Can-t-start-Harvestfest-restaurant-home-or-cafe-event/m-p...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 50 (4,005 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You're more active than the EA itself, i don't get it.. they even copy paste the same answer to another thread as if it's a magic word to remove the bugs. I'm sorry for being rude EA, but your price on everything is ridiculous and we demand super late support.

Message 8 of 50 (3,992 Views)

@SlumFlowers21 

It is however weekend, so yes, EA isn't very active. Maaike did write those replies late at night yesterday. 

The team is aware there is a major bug going on, and I'm sure the people are working hard to fix it.

Fixing bugs is harder than creating them sadly, so it might take some time to locate the issue and fully and correctly fix it. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 50 (3,987 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this problem too! I haven't been able to finish any LamaZoom tasks because all my Long Tasks (i don't play in english) change to something else. Sims are working and when they finish, they get relationship points?! Also some of the HarvestFest tasks change to something else, I was quite annoyed when I finished the 12h long task and got only 25 pies (the reward was supposed to be 400). 

Message 10 of 50 (3,962 Views)