[Event] Duplicate items not giving duplicate rewards

by girl_hasnogame

Original Post

[Event] Duplicate items not giving duplicate rewards

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy s9 Plus
OS Version 11
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003585194728
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open boxes from the Backyard Barbeque Event
What do you expect to see? Duplicate rewards when I have reached the max number of that item
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country US
Additional feedback

Duplicate items are not giving rewards. For example, I have 2 of the "Stoic Stanley Gnome" which is the limit of that item I can own. When I opened a box, I received a 3rd gnome and it did not give me duplicate rewards, nor did it give me a 3rd gnome.

Duplicate color prizes are giving duplicate rewards, it's the items themselves that arent giving them out.

Message 1 of 10 (1,708 Views)

Re: Backyard Barbeque Event: duplicate items not giving duplicate rewards

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @girl_hasnogame, we've tried to reproduce this on our end but haven't been able to yet. Would you be able to popup a video of this happening so we can get a look at the issue you're experiencing? 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 10 (1,651 Views)

★★ Novice

Happened to me too.. I have an iPhone 8 with the newest iOS update.. I opened a box and got an outfit and received a duplicate reward for already having it then the next box was the grey and yellow bench which I already had 7 of and I got no duplicate reward 

Message 3 of 10 (1,628 Views)

★ Guide
I've been getting rewards for duplicates now, it must have just been the first duplicate that didnt give a reward.
Message 4 of 10 (1,506 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm not sure if this is the same thing but I'm not getting items that I've won in the backyard bbq. For example, I've won 5 tiki lights but I only received 3. They're not in my storage.

Message 5 of 10 (1,396 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @girl_hasnogame, it's super odd that happened but it's great that the rewards are coming through now for you. Standard smile Thanks for letting us know.

Hi @chelseanizzle and @plutjen, we weren't able to reproduce this on our end. Would you be able to get a video of this issue happening in your game to us please?

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 10 (1,382 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have no idea how to do a video. It just did it again! That makes three of the tiki lights that I've won and not gotten. 😠

Message 7 of 10 (1,372 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @plutjen,

I might be able to help there.Standard smile Would you be on an Android or iPhone?

• iPhones have an internal feature where they can record what's on their screen. For steps on how to do this, this link from the apple help site will have more information - LINK
  • Depending on the Android device there may or may not be an internal capture built into the phone to do this - I'd advise using the search engine to find more information on how to do this on a specific android device. However if there isn't, there are apps in the app store that can help or you could take a recording of your screen from another device either. 

On sharing that footage, these are the ways that you can share user files and media with us on AHQ. I've listed these under the spoiler tag below:

Spoiler
  • Upload with a YouTube account
    • How to upload file to Youtube: LINK
    • How to share files from YouTube: LINK
    • The resulting YouTube URL can be included in a forum post, direct message, etc.
  • Upload with a OneDrive account
    • How to upload files to OneDrive: LINK
    • How to share files from OneDrive: LINK
    • The resulting file download URL can be included in a forum post, direct message, etc.
  • Upload with a Google Drive account
    • How to upload files to Google Drive: LINK
    • How to share files from Google Drive: LINK
    • Click “Get shareable link”
    • The resulting file download URL can be included in a forum post, direct message, etc.

These methods may have different file size restrictions (OneDrive or Google Drive is recommended for larger files).

Message 8 of 10 (1,361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I didn't have time to figure out the video thing & now it's over, but when I spent the rest of my lemons, I won another one of the towers (different color)...never got it! It's pretty frustrating trying so hard on these events and then not getting the rewards that you've won. It seems it's only the bigger items I didn't get. The things I really wanted. (Could care less about getting 5 colors of some hairstyle). I just want the things that I won!

Oh & BTW, ''tis is just a stupid little thing but why on the lemonade platter it shows a pitcher & several glasses but when you place them, there are no glasses on it? -js 

Message 9 of 10 (1,321 Views)

Hero

@plutjen 

Make one of your Sims mix some drinks and the glasses will appear. 

https://youtu.be/vbrYSo-lN6s

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 10 of 10 (1,276 Views)