[Event] Can't start Harvestfest restaurant, home or cafe event

by cinderignition

Original Post

Re: Harvestfest quest not working

★★ Apprentice

Hello Nanner,

im having the exact same problem.. Im on level 13 and I cannot open the ‘cosy cheers at the cafe’ event..it started yesterday! I hope EA can correct it. I was so hopeful of finishing this quest.

Message 21 of 317 (1,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Sorry I’m on level 8 now, not 13; yesterday night I started one of my sims on the cosy cheers at the cafe event and today morning she had instead completed a standard work shift; I can no longer open that particular event either and am stuck with my progress.

One of my sims also seems to be glitching she keeps randomly walking in one place in the middle of a job or a hobby shift, like she’s on some imaginary treadmill.

player ID: 1004120793634

Device: IPhone 7 pus

Message 22 of 317 (1,157 Views)

Re: Cannot start harvestfest restaurant, home or cafe event

★ Apprentice

Mini update: I had set one of my Sims to complete a long shift of work in the Space career. When my sim completed the shift, I tapped the check mark to get the rewards but the Cozy Cheers event rewards came up instead (and my Quest stage finally moved to the next chapter). So the glitch is still there but a random work shift magically turned into the Harvest event I needed to complete and could not access. 

Message 23 of 317 (1,204 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I started the Harvestfest Restaurant event last night and this morning when I checked my sim was no longer in that event but completed something else (career or relationship). now I can't even choose the restaurant event and thats what I need to advance in the quest!! PLEASE FIX ASAP!

Player ID 1003578513164
Message 24 of 317 (1,172 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I was playing the Harvestfest event when I noticed a couple of hours in that I can't start the Harvest Cooking at the Restaurant event. I though it was a temporary glitch. I exited my game then opened it back & one of my sims who was available to do event was supposed to do this was on the event. But, I could not help him in finishing the event. There were no actions that can be tapped in the restaurant so I just let my sim be & he finished on his own meaning I had to wait until time finished.

Then, my second try to do the Harvest Cooking at the Restaurant, any available sim cannot start the event (meaning I cant use the vent to get my pie slices to move on for the quest). I can only start the other two events to collect the pie slices.

Hope this gets fixed & we get extended time to finish Harvestfest. We have lost time to move on forward for the quest.

Player ID 1003186414613

Message 25 of 317 (1,166 Views)

★ Apprentice

Have the same problem. Last night I put my sims on each of the harvest events. Came back a couple hours later and it showed them as doing doing a different hobby or work event. And completed even though I know they still had a few more hours before completing.  When I clicked the finish check, it did give them credit for the harvest event with the exception of the resturant event task.  It gave me credit for a quick shift and I am unable to start in the resturant event now. In the event panel it shows its available but when I hit the start button, nothing happens. When I go to the resturant and click the fridge, the event is not listed. 

Player id: 1003013665152

Message 26 of 317 (1,149 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having a similar problem, my Sims can't start the Harvest Cooking at the Restaurant event.

Also I'm not sure if this is related but one of my Sims cannot start a standard or long event for her career, only the quick event is available. (this glitch started at the same time as the harvestfest glitch)

Message 27 of 317 (1,134 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My issue is with step 13.   I click to start and I does nothing.      Please fix it EA!!!!

Message 28 of 317 (1,132 Views)

Could you try starting it through the little picture of the 'horn of plenty' at the top of your screen?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 29 of 317 (1,131 Views)

Re: [Open] Can't start Harvestfest restaurant, home or cafe event

★★★ Novice

Me too.EA Please fix harvest event glitches, I can't perform an event in the restaurant and can't do anything in home festival event.

GlitchesGif http://imgur.com/oaFigjE 

Player Id: 1002991669129

Message 30 of 317 (1,116 Views)