Re: Blocking issue within the 'Rising Star' limited time questline

by Fuzzernutter

Original Post

[Event] All (4) hobbies are already taken, can't switch to finish event

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6S
OS Version 11.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003068446941
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have all 4 Sims have a different Hobby before the 'Rising Star' quest begins, preferably at lower progress tier 2. Make sure that all 4 Sims are relatively fresh (i.e. have only 1, 2 traits unlocked tops) 3. Proceed with the 'Rising Star' limited time questline 4. Proceed to the part 8/18 "Learn a new Hobby" 5. Notice that all hobbies are occupied, and Sims can't learn a new hobby, un-learn a hobby or swap it
What do you expect to see? Part 8 of 18 of the Rising Star questline is not blocked while four sims already have the hobbies assigned and can't retire.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Germany
Additional feedback

I have contacted the Technical Support, but unfortunately they are unable to help. I will paste the message I have sent them, as it pretty much describes the issue I'm facing.

There is a certain issue I have noticed, that blocks my progress as of now for the ‘Rising Star’ limited time Hobby quest line. 
In the part 8 of 18, the quest requires a sim to learn a new Hobby, however all 4 Sims already have a hobby and certain progress within them. Except for the piano hobby that I have not yet unlocked there is no new hobby I could learn, and since the Sims were created not too long ago from a former generation, it is not possible for me to retire either one of the four. 
Is there something I could do? Is there a way to un-learn a hobby or swap the sims between hobbies for simoleons? Or maybe there is a way for you to help me? 

The worst part is that I'm running out of time (it's about a day left), and this isn't even a half-mark for the event yet Frown

Message 1 of 13 (1,983 Views)

They don't mean a new-new hobby, just a new hobby to your Sim. Which is pretty easy to do when you just swap out the current hobby. From what I know you can do this without losing progress. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 13 (1,866 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

If there are four Sims and four Hobbies in the house, and all four Sims already occupy a hobby, you cannot select anything. There aren't more Hobbies than 4 except for the piano - which I do not own, and did not plan on buying, especially not specifically to finish a quest... to unlock a new hobby. Standard smile

Swapping would be possible if at least one of these hobbies would be 'unclaimed'. Otherwise, if you try to do that, you receive a message that "Sim X is already on that Hobby". And, as I mentioned, four sims already have four hobbies, hobbies cannot be 'abandoned' without clicking on a new one first, which again - is not possible. Hence, blocked.

Message 3 of 13 (1,858 Views)

★ Expert

I switched one of my sim's hobby but they had already completed the first hobby. The game did save  the first hobby as completed. I don't know if this applies midway in the middle of completing a hobby 

You later have part 17 where you need two sims to complete hobby story chapters. it requires to complete level 3, 7 or 10 . you can do any combo. Lucky I have two sims that need to complete level 10 

Message 4 of 13 (1,857 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That's the problem - this generation of Sims is relatively new (young? :P) and on levels ~6 with their Hobbies, so trying to finish two hobbies (for two Sims obviously to free up a spot), then learning a new would take more time than ~24 hrs left to finish the event. Let alone wrapping the quest chain up.

Message 5 of 13 (1,855 Views)

★ Expert

Just a suggestion your eventually going to need the piano hobby. Is there a way to obtain this hobby without buying it? This is if you want to complete this quest and have the piano hobby for the future. I get where your coming from that you would feel forced to buy the piano should you want to complete this quest. 

If you decide to buy the piano hobby and switch, I would not do it to the sims you have at level 6 hobby..You will need those sims to get to level 7 for number 17 of this quest 

Message 6 of 13 (1,848 Views)
Highlighted

★ Expert

I forgot you only have one day left to complete this quest so if your only at level 8 you would have to pay sims cash to complete it. There are several 7-8 hour quests and you can't use several sims at the same time to complete. Each level has to be completed one at a time 

Message 7 of 13 (1,835 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Well, it's a hobby so it comes from a heirloom I presume.. which then again comes from retiring a sim. It's even a further way to retirement than finishing a hobby for all four - that's the 'without buying' way as of now.
Message 8 of 13 (1,834 Views)

★ Expert

The piano comes with an heirloom and no you don't have to retire your sims for you get the piano heirloom. the piano heirloom unlocks the piano hobby. It's better to have your sim have a musical trait. 

Your sims leave their own heirloom when your retire them. It may be an heirloom not associated with the hobby they were in. It depends what you have already unlocked in the game. I had a fashion sim that left me a trait heirloom that was the competitive trait 

Message 9 of 13 (1,825 Views)

That makes sense, thank you for the explanation. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 13 (1,817 Views)