Re: Event Ads and Mailbox Ads not playing

by kaedetora

Original Post

Event Ads and Mailbox Ads not playing

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Oppo A3s
OS Version Android 8.1.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1004363674361
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Event Ads: After finishing an event and being offered to play Ads for more rewards, and clicking that option. Mailbox Ads: After clicking the the Mailbox.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see Ads play smoothly.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Philippines
Additional feedback

Event Ads:

After finishing an event, it offers me to play Ads for more rewards, but everytime I click that option, my screen just turns black, and didn't play any Ads. I also have to restart the game since there's no "Exit Ad" option on display.

This bug happens to me 90% of the time after finishing an event and being offered to play Ads for more rewards.

Mailbox Ads:

After clicking to play the Ads on the Mailbox, my screen just also turns black, and also didn't play any Ads. There's also no "Exit Ad"on display.

This bug happened to me recently since I don't really click on Mailbox Ads as much as the Event Ads.

About my Internet connection:

My connection is pretty stable.

Message 1 of 5 (575 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks for posting @kaedetora! Does this happen every time you try to watch an ad? 

Message 2 of 5 (551 Views)

★★ Guide

I had that blank ads screen too before. The exit button usually appears after 30 seconds, like most ads durations, and I still got the reward after tapping that exit button.

If it didn't work, try disabling usage sharing for a while by clicking the button in settings tab.

IMG_20190718_211338.jpg

The green button in the bottom one. I did it sometimes for few hours before turning it on again. It's boring to see same ads over and over again. If both didn't work, then maybe it's a bug. 

Message 3 of 5 (548 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SimGuruMaaike
Well not everytime, but almost. Maybe 90-95%. It rarely played for me at that time.

It just started playing for me since Friday and until now, there's no errors. It's playing smoothly. I forgot to update this post so sorry about that.

But the ads didn't play for me for quite some time.
Message 4 of 5 (512 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@doodle_lass Forgot to check and update this post. The ads started working for me since Friday for some reason. If the ads don't work again, I'll try doing this. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5 (507 Views)