Re: Error - Crashing the party

by mindpilgrim

Original Post

Errors - Parties unfeasible

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It's getting impossible to play while a party is on. Aside from being unable to find parties because every search crashes the app, and the Party Guests problem I reported in another post, my Sim needs to relate to a friend that doesn't come when I hit the Socialize button, another already reported problem.

But now comes the worst: I was denied access to my own party because it was full!!! I entered my house as if there was no party, though the party is still on...

This wasn't only once. Even restarting the app I can't see my own party while my guests do. I've spent 100 party tokens on it and I need to work on its upgrade before it finishes in a few hours.

Message 1 of 9 (1,686 Views)

Error - Crashing the party

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Even after the update my last party, which I was shut out of, never ended. I always get this message everytime any of my Sims go home.

Worst yet, I still can't use the Find Party feature. The app always crashes the first or the second time I hit the Find Party or the Ignore button.

HELP!

Message 2 of 9 (1,662 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have you seen this, @EA_Mai?

Message 3 of 9 (1,645 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @mindpilgrim,

I had, sorry for the delay. Let's try something, ok? It might help, although there's no guarantees:

1. Open your game, and check you are connected to Facebook in-game.
  2. Close the game.
  3. In your browser, open Facebook and log into your Facebook account.
  4. Go into Facebook Settings > Apps.
  5. Find The Sims Mobile
  6. Remove the app. This isn't deleting the save data but the association with the app.
  7. Open your game.
  8. The game will ask you to connect to Facebook again. Please, do it.

After this, could you check if the issue with your party is still there?

-Mai

Message 4 of 9 (1,624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Already done that.

Reconnected with Game Center as well.

I even deleted the app.

No avail. The problem remains.

Update:

I started a new party and the message stopped.

But it's still crashing every time I try to ignore or find a party.

Message 5 of 9 (1,618 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks for trying @mindpilgrim, I'm sorry to read it didn't work. Frown  Sadly, there's not any other troubleshooting steps I can think of.

I have forwarded this information to the game team, I'll let you know if I have any updates for you. 

Sorry for the inconvenience,

-Mai

Message 6 of 9 (1,610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

You might be right about the problem being linked to the Facebook account because I use different accounts for different TSM games and the friends I get in each one would mix up if the game linked them all to the same Game Center account. That of course could make the search engine bring up registers it can't handle properly.

I deleted all my friends and the problem remains. It's strange that I still get party alerts from them though.

The yellow arrow in the pictures most certainly is linked to the crashing problem. It does not appear in my other games and they don't crash.

@EA_Mai

Message 7 of 9 (1,601 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
wow we used to be able to go to 3 parties per day?
Message 8 of 9 (587 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Wow, I've never been able to attend more than 2/2 parties per day. 😮 When I've tried to attend more than 2 the game displays a message saying that I may only attend 2 per day.

Message 9 of 9 (543 Views)