Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Error retrieving pilot data after every expedition - PS4

by AOD_Tjahzi

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Lol.  My friend and I are constantly being disconnected randomly, especially at the end of Contracts and Strongholds.  I've been sitting here for about 30 minutes while my friend logs in, only to get kicked back out over, and over, and over again.  This is ridiculous.

"Improved stability for all platforms – this includes fixes for a number of issues that were causing crashes or connection problems."

(from patch notes)

I'm calling BS on that one, because whatever they did made it much worse.  My friends and I have been kicked far more often post patch than before the patch.  We're trying to be patient, but it seems like things are going backwards rather than forward.  Hoping the March 12th patch fixes majority of the porblems, otherwise we're done.

Message 41 of 46 (156 Views)

★ Apprentice

This wasn’t a big issue before the patch but now the game is virtually unplayable. I’m getting nowhere since the patch trying to get MWs and legendarys i keep getting errors at the xp loot screen at the end of any expeditions I do now. In the last 3 hours of game play I have gained not one single piece of gear of any kind. For example I spent a fair amount of time in freeplay to the point where it says you can’t get any more loot on this expedition so I exit the expedition and the game crashes so I get nothing. This is just beyond ridiculous there’s no point whatsoever spending time in the game if I can’t even get any gear seen as it’s the whole point of the game.

Message 42 of 46 (135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@jwhitsta  Fortunately, even if you disconnect or crash during an expedition, anything you've looted isn't lost. Sometimes it doesn't show up right away in your vault or forge, so just load up Freeplay and then exit Freeplay. Usually, you'll see a list of all the loot you gained from the previous expedition. If not, once you go into your vault or forge, you'll have all the items anyway.

If it's telling you that you can't get any more loot, it's most likely because you're at capacity (i.e., you have 250 items out of the 250 slots allowed). This might be because you think you're not getting anything, though you actually are. Just salvage all the junk items and you should be OK. Hope this helps. Standard smile

Message 43 of 46 (129 Views)

★★★★ Novice

By the way, I've noticed that I only get the "Error retrieving pilot data" error message while playing my Interceptor.  When I play any of the other 3, I don't get this error message at all.  The funny thing about this is that my Interceptor is the only one using one of the armor vanity items (Shrike Armor skin).  I'm pretty sure majority of the "Pilot Data" errors are caused by the skin.  Maybe go back to using the default skins until this is fixed, and see if that helps.  Like I said, none of my other javelins have any of the custom skins, and I've never had a pilot error on any of them.

Message 44 of 46 (125 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Unbelievable, even after a month of released and we still do not get this error fixed. Every single time a log in, I have to try to log in at least 2 times. Not counting the times I get kicked after a mission, expedition, stronghold, free play, etc.
Message 45 of 46 (57 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Still happening here on PC as well. Most of the time when I change something (weapon, component, ..) in my loadout, or when I switch between javelins. Very annoying bug. Standard smile

Since launch btw. And it doesn't matter what kind of expedition: I've had it in freeplay, strongholds, Quickplay missions / SHs, etc..

Message 46 of 46 (34 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help