Error loading Pilot Data

by BKMAC442

Original Post

Re: Error loading Pilot Data

★★★ Novice

Me too, constantly get kicked from missions, freeplay. Working only one atempt fro 10. Loosing lot of materials from wasted consumables :-(

Love this game, but.........

Message 21 of 81 (1,410 Views)

★ Guide

Getting the same on ps4 along with other random errors but the end result is I get no loot and it’s happening all the time now.

Message 22 of 81 (1,396 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I completely understand your frustration issue has been going on for a minute but I would not give up on the game it's truly amazing you have to admit that hopefully all the issues and problems will be fixed soon  just have to hold on and wait it out

Message 23 of 81 (1,342 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well mate, I said I still love this game. But after one hour freeplay grind, wher you get 3 mw and 1 yelow and game crush with no loot. Then its just...tough... :-/ 

Still, I agree that game is better and better (started play as Origin premier). Cant wait for another patch. 

Message 24 of 81 (1,342 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I know the issues are frustrating but I won't would give up on the game I don't mind putting in the ground to get my loot I still think the game is absolutely amazing you can't compare this game to anything that's out right now there is nothing like it
Message 25 of 81 (1,327 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Your frustration is very understandable I have experienced those issues as well just have to be patient the game will get better and it will be seamless and truly Immaculate like it's meant to be
Message 26 of 81 (1,323 Views)

★★ Novice
happened to me twice today at the start of an expedition.
with a storm javelin.
It looked totally different in colors when the problem occured.
Message 27 of 81 (1,319 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

11MAR19

X1X

This is happening almost every time I play.  Error loading pilot data OR it is saying MY connection is bad.

Its Anthem that is bad.

Some of you are saying you are losing loot.

I have not run into that problem.

Here is maybe why...

Everytime I get kicked to TITLE or NEWS, I force quit, instead of continuing, and let the crap I-I mean, game load fresh.  If I don’t get a mail msg stating my previous loot, I force quit the game AGAIN.  One time I seriously thought I lost it all, I didn’t get the mail msg but continued anyway and it mysteriously appeared once I had completed another expedition.

This leads me even further to believe that bandwidth or server problems whether they are just slow or they are struggling or overloaded is on Anthem’s end.  Because it actually took time to relieve the loot.

I don’t doubt people are losing loot, we’re all losing connection.

Give it some time MAYBE the loot will show up.  If not... I really don’t think anyone should buy anything from EA until they get their act together.

I think the developers, coders, artists, engineers and writers (everyone that actually does the work) should leave that corporate leech and start their own company.  That way they are they aren’t forced to release things that aren’t ready, then take all the crap for a poor product while the board of directors is fat and happy with the money they’ve essentially stolen from the people.  We did NOT receive the game we were advertised, we didn’t even receive a game that works.

This game is too reliant on the servers for functionality.  I bought an Xbox console not a terminal.  I think this is a $60 one time fee for a the service “Anthem”. I think this is a test case for the future of “service” oriented gaming, and that is just another attempt to squeeze more money out of the people.

READ THE 1ST THING THE GAME SAYS WHEN YOU PUSH THE 1ST BUTTON 

The XBOX PS4 and PC are now terminals.   😞

Message 28 of 81 (1,316 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I see where you're coming from but I stand by Anthem and BioWare you can't say that the game is crappy it may have issues that need to be worked out but the overall complexity that's involved in developing a game is not simple it's not something you just slap together overnight and put out like a TV show it's much more complex than that I'm not going to jump ship I'm going to stick it out and wait until the product is perfect because all in all the game is dope hands down

Message 29 of 81 (1,304 Views)

"Error Retrieving Pilot Data" - Unable to load into Freeplay - PC

★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Freeplay location-selector menu/Loading screen
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 11.03.19 02:00 EST
Summarize your bug Unable to load into Freeplay sessions due to "Error retrieving pilot data"
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the Freeplay location selector and then click or press the 'Start Expedition' button.
What happens when the bug occurs? The loading screen appears and the progress bar reaches ~70% before failing and returning us to the News section (the one you see when you first log in) with an error message stating that 'pilot data could not be retrieved'.
What should be happening instead? Freeplay session opens

I attempted to load into Freeplay 3 times before ultimately reloading the game and this seems to have resolved the issue. I marked the issue as occurring today, but I've been experiencing this issue nearly every day since the March 9th patch.

Additionally, crashing has become far more frequent in Freeplay as well as during Strongholds. Which, speaking of Strongholds, has also caused the 'unable to retrieve pilot data' error. This, while far less frequent, has occurred twice since last patch (and none before).

Message 30 of 81 (1,287 Views)