Error Code 3.0

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone X
OS Version 16.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 241-232-372
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Can’t get into the game. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled. Connected and disconnected to wifi. Keep getting this Error Code 3.0 every time i try to get into the game. I’ve had this account since 2015 and have never had this issue.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Please view screenshot
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Can’t get into the game. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled. Connected and disconnected to wifi. Keep getting this Error Code 3.0 every time i try to get into the game. I’ve had this account since 2015 and have never had this issue.

9E97B95D-B928-43C6-825B-ED57F4D9BE84.jpeg
Message 1 of 78 (23,398 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error Code 3.0

★ Apprentice
@tylerwawa hey man, it's a known bug at this point. I'm not sure if you read my posts, but it's something I and many others are dealing with right now. it's frustrating, but until the devs can fix it, your best bet to fix it is to reset your PW here and log back in. I've personally dealt with OAuth issues in my work place and they can take time.

The tier 1 support folks (AKA EA help) are here to tell you to do things and check boxes, not fix stuff permanently, that's what Devs do. Give them a week or two to work it out.

View in thread

Message 13 of 78 (25,612 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Your account activity indicates that the issue should already be fixed.

Message 2 of 78 (23,283 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Gunner It is not fixed. It is currently doing the same thing.
Message 3 of 78 (23,278 Views)

EA Live QV Team
@tylerwawa checking
Message 4 of 78 (23,273 Views)

EA Live QV Team
@tylerwawa Can you please try the following steps:
- Sign out and sign back into your game centre account.
- Clear Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes app cache.
- Reinstall Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Force restart your mobile device.
Message 5 of 78 (23,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Gunner  Did not work, it seems to only start working again seconds after i report the bug. Also every time I’ve done had to reply on here or try to report it, I’ve had to reset my EA Account password and not sure why. 

Message 6 of 78 (23,203 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Gunner Yeah, too have the same symptoms and didn't force close any PvE battles. I have done everything you listed there and it's not letting me into my account at all. I have also tried to log into the SWGOH web store to see if that would work, and it's not sending me the confirmation email, even though I have used the web store previously.

I've been playing for 6 years and in that time I have never had this issue, let alone twice in 5 days. It also seems to happen after I access the web store and purchase something. Could this be an issue with the linking the device to an EA account so you can do purchases on the web store? A poorly configured API call could cause all kinds of hell...and Cap Games already has a bug where you can accidently get logged into someone else's account...

Just sayin...it could be that...
Message 7 of 78 (23,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_GunnerSo, update, mine is fixed, and I may have a small piece to the puzzle you should send off to the devs. After I logged into my EA account, SWGOH all of a sudden started working. Since @Tylderwawa also had a similar issue with the same result, I'm wondering if there is an issue with either of the following:

Stored EA account creds get corrupted by the web store link and need to be refreshed.

-or-

Not having the google play/FB account creds the same as the EA account creds.

I'm an IT guy, so I'm used to troubleshooting this stuff all day. To me, the latter is kind of off, cuz then EVERYONE would be having this issue, so I'm wondering if the former is at least plausible. It could be the API call from the web store into the game is somehow breaking the OAuth for Google Play, possibly overwriting it accidently instead of just listing it as a secondary OAuth. It could also be replacing it, which would also break the OAuth, but people would have up to 24 hours to use the game without a hard OAuth check from Google Play as creds are cached and it probably just sends a small file back to google saying it checked in within the last 24 hours.

Does that make sense? Now tell the CG devs to fix their poorly coded API calls.

Message 8 of 78 (23,147 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Gunner @Can i get some kind of response please? This issue happens literally every day or 2 and is really irritating.

Message 9 of 78 (23,053 Views)

EA Live QV Team
@tylerwawa Did you linked your account to the webstore recently? If yes, The EA account you linked might be disabled, deleted or compromised. I would recommend contacting EA help and checking your EA account.
Message 10 of 78 (23,027 Views)