Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Error Code: 143:40be7c53

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After returning to my Sims home lot after the new concert event I can no longer load any lot in my saved game.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get error code 143:40be7c53:bafd74e6 failed to load lot. I am returned to the world screens menu.
What do you expect to see? My load open without errors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the newest patch today I can no longer load any lot in my save file. I was able to play perfectly fine until today.

I've googled my error code and I seem to be one of the first having this issue so far.

Update: I've removed all mods. Cleared my cache. Repaired my game. I've evicted the family where the error first occurred with, moved them back into the house. I've tried to load other families. Still getting the error code after attempting to load the lot. I am however able to load community lots perfectly fine. When I evicted the family again and loaded the lot without them I was able to load the lot in build mode just fine. I am only getting this error when there's an active family on any lot after returning from the concert. 

I recovered my save from a few hours ago and that is working perfectly fine. I saved before my sims went to the concert. I still have the errored game for troubleshooting.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 14 (1,426 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error Code: 143:ebc4cf54:d80271f7

Hero

Sim can move or travel to lots after returning from a concert now without getting stuck in the Manage World screen.

Fixed in Patch 1.84.171/1.52

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (1,071 Views)

All Replies

Re: After Latest Patch No Longer Able to Load Lots

Hero
@Briyetard55 Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict Save sent.

Message 3 of 14 (1,306 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem.

Message 4 of 14 (1,280 Views)

Hero
@dannima888 Have you been using mods ? Could you give some more details what you did when it appened ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (1,240 Views)

Error Code: 143:ebc4cf54:d80271f7

★★★ Novice

Hello EA,

yesterday I was playing The Sims 4, basically just to watch the simified stars perform.

After the first in-game Sunday I had fun with it and was looking forward to another Sunday, but the error completely broke the game.

The Error occurred when my main household's actor sim was about to go to work. I clicked "join" to move with the sim to the actor's work place, but in that moment of loading, the error suddenly happened. It didn't crash my game, instead it put me into the menu where you can pick all available neighborhoods, along the error notice. In the first second I was unmoved by this, aware of all those nasty errors that can happen when changing scenes in The Sims 4. I ALWAYS save the game before I travel with my Sims to make sure. I sure had enough lessons to lose my faith in it and learned to never trust or hope for this game to function properly... But this time it's different. Nerve killing different.

Now, even though I saved before my sim left off to work, I thought I can just load into the game again from the last save point and "all will be fine, right?", sadly it wasn't the case. My main family - gone. Completely deleted from the neighborhood - their house left empty. I tried to enter another Sim family - As soon it tries to load in, the Error occurs every time, regardless which family. This Error doesn't let me play the game, but at least I was able to put every remaining household and lot I liked into my gallery, in order to create a new world. I am saddened the error went over my save file and keeps persisting in my main Sim world. I was forced to create a new world, did so and the game runs seemingly normal again. Thank you for providing the gallery by the way, I would not remake everything from scratch so soon, being stressed by those errors too much.

Resume

Can't play any household, old or a newly created household after the error occurred

・Can build & edit lots and households in the 'Manage Households' menu only

To Repair the game files in Origin had no effect whatsoever

・Creating a new world/neighborhood was a quick solution, while the error still persists in the other

Thank you for the attention and I hope such errors will never again be able to override safe files, so we can pull ourselves out of such annoying errors in future.

Message 6 of 14 (1,239 Views)

Betreff: Error Code: 143:ebc4cf54:d80271f7

★ Pro
Hey @Miwakutekina here is some wiki where you can find answers. Yes it is much to read but if you try to read through you'll find the solution. Look at the 50% Method it helped many.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content
Message 7 of 14 (1,205 Views)

Hero
@Miwakutekina I merged your post with the bug report on this.

I believe it's caused by the festival. Do you have a save game from before the festival ?

Did you have any mods in while you were at the festival ?

Please also send me your save game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (1,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ah, alright I see, thank you. It didn't find anything when I used the code in the search box here, that's why I started the topic. So it is because of the concert event thingy after all, means it will probably end happening soon.

Social distancing from the concert might be a good idea, otherwise it does the killing, ahaha. A secret lesson to our current real life times? I'm just kidding, but it fits. xD Too bad though, I wanted to visit the concert in my new neighborhood again, but now I will make sure to not to.

I have never been using any mods for The Sims 4, out of trust issues. The less error opportunities the better.

Thanks again for the quick reply and have a pleasant day!

Message 9 of 14 (1,179 Views)

Hero
@Miwakutekina I think once you have the error, the save is broken so if you have a save from before the concert that is the best bet.

Do you remember when exactly you left ? Was the performance still going on or was it over ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (1,172 Views)