by Jan_831

Original Post

Error Code 142:9a63747

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to load a saved game
What happens when the bug occurs? The game appears to load but once it does i get a box that tells me The Game failed to load it is recommended to reload the game. Error Code 142:9a63747:c75c67bf9.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play the game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch on 8/24/21

I had to install the latest patch, so I did.  Now when I load my saved game I get the message that the game failed to load and it is recommended that I reload the game. Error Code 142:9a63747:c75c67bf9.  I closed the game completely, rebooted my computer, repaired the game and nothing helped.  I am still getting the Error message.  I took a screen shot and enclosed it here.  If this has already been posted I apologize, I didn't see it.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 15 (3,340 Views)

Re: Error Code 142:9a63747

Hero
@Jan_831 Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (3,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi Crin,

I hope I did this right.  Here is the link to save game where I got the error message.

I want to note that I ultimately ignored the message and played anyway for a short time to see what would be wrong with the game.  I saw nothing different.  I was able to play with the same bugs as before but nothing different or new.  From what I can tell, everything is the same, nothing is missing and although I only played for a short time I did not encounter any new problems.

I saved the game and went to do something else.  

This morning I was curious to see if I would get the same error message with the new save from last night and I did not.  I tried to load the previous save with the error message and the message was there.  That is the file I am sending you.

it is all very odd, and I do not know why I got the error message.

If there is a problem please let me know and I will try again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nggp-H2Yf0vXb7ScmYGhZa--p3GNpYJ4/view?usp=sharing

Message 3 of 15 (3,273 Views)

Hero
@Jan_831 Which household do you have the error on ? I loaded the Bentley Family in Brindleton Bay and they loaded fine for me.

How did you ignore the message ? Did you just try to load the lot a second time after getting the message ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (3,251 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Crin,

I think I must have sent you the wrong file because I haven't played that family in years

I am playing in  Henford-on-Bagley with the Jennings family.  I will try to send the file again.  I actually do not even have a saved game for that family, so I am not sure what went wrong.

Under the message it said OK, and I clicked on OK and just played.  I can not load that save without getting the error message (the save was from August 24th)  I installed the update and played last night and when I tried to load that game I got the message.  I tried 3 or 4 times.  I rebooted my computer and repaired the game and then tried again and still got the  message.  That is when I clicked ok.

This morning when I went to send you the file, I loaded that game again and I got the message, but when I loaded last nights save game I did not.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f1Ly4h6z4rRvUEE1Y74k8iCO3wsULuaI?usp=sharing

I hope that this is the right file.

I took another screen shot hopefully you will be able to see the error message.

Message 5 of 15 (3,238 Views)

Hero
@Jan_831 That link is set to private. Could you make it public ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (3,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi Crin,

I'm sorry, I really don't mess with this much. I made the the link shareable.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f1Ly4h6z4rRvUEE1Y74k8iCO3wsULuaI?usp=sharing

Thanks for your help and patience with me.

Message 7 of 15 (3,204 Views)

Hero

Hi @Jan_831 

So I tested your save and I don't think I've seen an error code where you aren't booted back to the map.

I think the game kind recovers itself from the error and if you have no further issues, I wouldn't worry about it.

The game also throws an LE which I have attached.

I'll pass on your save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (3,173 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Crin,

I am not having a problem with the game and have not gotten the error message with any saves since so I think I am good.

Thank you for your help and your patience.

Message 9 of 15 (3,158 Views)

Im getting this Error code142:9a63747c:3ab7869f

★★★ Newbie

Im getting an error code when i load up my sims game and go into one houshold error code is  Error code142:9a63747c:3ab7869f it says it recommends relaunching the game which i have done multiple times and same things happen. But if i go into the same saved game but choose a different household to play i dont get that error code. Thing is i only want to play that one household not the otheres im at 11 generations with it. Never used mods or anything just normal sims 4 expansion games. Tried to send a photo but it says its to big of a file.

Message 10 of 15 (2,502 Views)