Re: Error Code 106.0

by wvuparker

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Also, I feel it's worth noting that a portion of the newest update was supposed to make cheating more difficult  in the game.  I have no idea how people cheat on this game, nor what was added in the update to combat it, but I've been wondering if something about my setup (Chromebook) is triggering the new safeguards they put into place in order to prevent people from being able to hack the game?

Message 11 of 14 (328 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I can relate to your frustration.

I have been experiencing errorcode 106.0 for years (on and off).

I've reported it.  Multiple times.

Run the troubleshooting protocol.  Several times.

Nothing seems to correct this issue.

Nothing can stop errorcode 106!

Message 12 of 14 (287 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@wvuparker I have been having the same problem with this error for over a year (see https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Error-106-Restart-required/m-p/7840175). They literally never even replied to me but just merged my messages into an old thread. The 'customer service' here is a joke.

BTW I'm also on a chromebook. But it was running the game fine for 7-8 months until there was an update last spring, after which I have been plagued by these unpredictable restarts on a daily basis.
Message 13 of 14 (245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is nothing to do with internet connection, this is a bug in the code. Every other app worked fine, just this one failed, so reason is simply wrong

Message 14 of 14 (110 Views)