Re: Cannot play online, 10 minutes looking for best match and then 1066 error

by AHungryCello

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here. In Asia, Singapore. This issue only started after patch 1.3 and it's widespread. @Straatford87 

Message 11 of 82 (1,225 Views)

Re: Error 1066, unable to play online

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ravenscream It shouldn't have been a problem. This only happened after patch 1.3. No problem finding matches before that, and I'm in SEA too.
Message 12 of 82 (1,219 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I come from Steam forums, for what people commented is not a technical problem, EA just region locked matchmacking so good luck now trying to find matches unless they revert their decision or implement other way around.

Message 13 of 82 (1,208 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Vinvent Are you serious?? @Straatford87 can you please verify this? If this is the case then how are SEA players supposed to find matches?
Message 14 of 82 (1,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@AHungryCello As always Just google for it. See where are the people complaining;  only from South Asia and South America; How many North Americans or people from Europe are complaining about this issue?

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsSquadrons/comments/jl4i5c/multiplayer_now_regionlocked/

Message 15 of 82 (1,183 Views)

★ Guide

Nope, 8 days since 1.3 Mandalorian update, and 2 days since 2.0 patch update, still NO FRACKING GAMES! Times out still with Error Code: 1,066

FFS, using monkeys as developers?

They have fixed NOTHING!  

Message 16 of 82 (1,160 Views)

★ Guide

Now 

9 days since 1.3 Mandalorian update, and 3 days since 2.0 patch update, still NO FRACKING GAMES! Times out still with Error Code: 1,066

FFS, using monkeys as developers?

They have fixed NOTHING!

@Straatford87 please please pass this on! I loved this game when it came out and it worked fine! Now it’s fracked...developer updates killed it!

Message 17 of 82 (1,146 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They say developers are looking into it for the ANZ region. Is there any acknowledgment for the rest of Asia region? @Straatford87 

Message 18 of 82 (1,115 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It would be good to get confirmation whether the developers are looking at this or not. I am in Australia and think it might have got slightly better after patch 2.0, but it is still bad. Very long waits (5-7 minutes or more) for games unless I am playing on a Saturday night, and frequent 1066 errors that games just can’t be found. 

I love this game and it would be great to fix this. 

Message 19 of 82 (1,098 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Still having plenty of 1066 errors. Has anything been done? @Straatford87 

Message 20 of 82 (1,064 Views)