Error 106 Restart required

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Driod Turbo 2
OS Version unknown
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 161-399-712
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug Usually once per day, I receive error code 106 - restart required. With rare exception, it has always happened when starting an arena match (toon or ship) or a TB mission. Because of the restart, I lose the attempt.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? unable to advise
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Usually once per day, I receive error code 106 - restart required. With rare exception, it has always happened when starting an arena match (toon or ship) or a TB mission. Because of the restart, I lose the attempt.

I have posted on EA forums as directed, but it was instantly archived and I doubt it was ever seen.

I have contacted EA help and have received some crystals to replace what I lost from arena, but the problem persists. They have sent the topic to the game developers, but I don't know what is being done behind the scenes. 

I have cleared my cache and data. I am always on wi-fi. I have checked for updates in-game as well as for my phone's operating system. There are none. 

At this point I am just waiting patiently for further direction. 

Message 1 of 11 (6,061 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error 106 Restart required

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @Kluge1971 and thank you for the report.

Error 106 is usually generated due to an Asset download request timing out (most likely caused by an unstable network connection). We've had a look into our logs and were able to find some related errors. Therefore we strongly suggest doing a clean reinstall with a strong and stable internet connection. Once it is done, please leave the game for like 20-30 minutes on the main cantina screen, so all assets can be downloaded and installed correctly. It may sound silly since you've mentioned that you've already done it, but the errors related were all recent so that would be the best approach to get it fixed.

More troubleshooting steps can be found HERE.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (6,017 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @Kluge1971 and thank you for the report.

Error 106 is usually generated due to an Asset download request timing out (most likely caused by an unstable network connection). We've had a look into our logs and were able to find some related errors. Therefore we strongly suggest doing a clean reinstall with a strong and stable internet connection. Once it is done, please leave the game for like 20-30 minutes on the main cantina screen, so all assets can be downloaded and installed correctly. It may sound silly since you've mentioned that you've already done it, but the errors related were all recent so that would be the best approach to get it fixed.

More troubleshooting steps can be found HERE.

Message 2 of 11 (6,018 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I completed this process and NOTHING HAS IMPROVED. Still losing match attempts. Just now I lost a ship arena attempt. Good connection, on wi-fi, no lag, no indication of an issue. Just click "battle" and BAM    error 106-restart.  Never never never did this before the mods 2.0 major updates.

Message 3 of 11 (5,972 Views)

forced restarts - ErrorCode 106.0

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Tablet
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Chromebook
OS Version 73.0.3683.88
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 429-763-241, 714-373-795, 718-351-778 (occurs on all 3 accounts)
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug recurring Error Code 106.0 forcing game to restart
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

On average 1-2 times a day, I am getting Error Code 106 which forces the game to restart. So far I have lost several squad/fleet battles and 1 key Grand Arena battle because of this, but it has also occurred in other random parts of the game like from a character screen or the inbox. I have tried restarting the game, rebooting my device, clearing cache, etc. I have also undertaken the "uninstall, reinstall, wait 20-30 minutes for assets to fully download" process 3-4 separate times (the last time I waited 40+ minutes to be certain), yet the error is still occurring so clearly that solution is not sufficient. My WiFi connection is otherwise strong with no problems. This has been going on for perhaps 2 weeks.

Screenshot 2019-04-06 at 10.03.25.png
Message 4 of 11 (5,752 Views)

Re: forced restarts - ErrorCode 106.0

★★★★★ Novice
Reinstalled AGAIN and left it sitting on the cantina screen for TWO HOURS. Only to later lose another GA battle to this issue. Extremely frustrated right now.
Message 5 of 11 (5,715 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Another day, another Grand Arena lost because of this error. Throw in a loss of TW attack banners as well. Yet apparently I don't even warrant a response other than merging my topic with a 6-month old post. "Better assistance and functionality" my foot!
Message 6 of 11 (5,671 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Still happening. Is there really nothing else that can be done about this?
Message 7 of 11 (5,582 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I call BS on this answer.

The error is generating instantly upon hitting 'battle'.  There is no timeout involved.

The error is random.  If you restart and attempt to battle the same arena opponent, you get no error.  There is no missing asset download.

It has nothing to do with connection.  I can have a 4G connection with full bars, do 5 battles just fine, the next gives me an error 106.

Has there been any progress or updates on this error?  

Message 8 of 11 (5,166 Views)

★★★ Novice
@MomawNadonE3P0 Same happening here to me in Brazil. Im on Android.
Message 9 of 11 (5,139 Views)

★★★ Novice

My 3* 5G Cantina got resettled to one star and now I simply cannot Sim it to farm my Arc Trooper because everytime I select an Ally the list is not refreshed and all have old squad leaders and the error code 106 pops up and forces restart.  Already cleaned cache and even resintalled the game but the error persists. 

Screenshot_2019-11-28-01-37-21-407_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row.jpg
Message 10 of 11 (5,132 Views)