Re: Entire Household wearing outerwear after exiting CAS

by egmaters

Original Post

Entire Household wearing outerwear after exiting CAS

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34.138.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I enable "cas.fulleditmode" in the cheat bar and then hold Circle + X buttons on the controller and select "Modify in CAS" then after any sort of adjustments or no adjustments at all in CAS (by selecting Exit Create a Sim), all sims in the household are wearing their outerwear (regardless of what they wore before entering CAS, which outfit they were left on in CAS, or what they were doing (ie sleeping sims wake up in outerwear)).
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims that were wearing any type of outfit prior to entering CAS will now be wearing their outerwear outfits.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the sims wearing the same clothing they had on prior to entering CAS, the only exception being if I changed that particular outfit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started after the first November patch, however, I can't be sure if this bug occurred before or after the November crashing patch.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (346 Views)

Hero

@egmaters 

I'm not sure if it's the same for your since I play on PC but I have noticed that if it is winter in the game, that every time I enter a household, the sims are usually wearing their outerwear.  Doesn't matter if it from CAS or entering from the map and sometimes when I return from travel.  So my guess is that being winter triggers that..  So is it winter in your game, or cold in the late fall or early spring?

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 4 (334 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@CGrant56 Yep, you're right! It was winter in the game when I first noticed this and now it's early spring (temp is "freezing"). I created a new save file starting in summer in Sulani, followed the steps above and the sims are wearing their everyday outfits after exiting CAS.

I should note that when this does happen during the winter, the sims will end up in their outerwear regardless of if the household heaters are on or not.
Message 3 of 4 (330 Views)

Hero
@egmaters There's multiple threads that kinda are the same issue as yours:

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Sims-wearing-cold-weather-outfit-every-time-game-load...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Sims-change-into-cold-weather-clothes-inside/td-...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Thermostats-No-Longer-Work/td-p/9204056

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (306 Views)