Re: Entering Build Mode sends me to World Select Menu

by crinrict

Original Post

Entering Build Mode sends me to World Select Menu

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, all stuff backs except Journey to Batuu and no kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Entering build mode through the world map on certain lots, ex. Proprietor's Square in Windenburg.
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to enter build mode to build a lot, after the loading screen, I am taken back to the world select menu. The lots that don't have this bug take an incredibly long time to load up, or do not load at all and I must restart my game.
What do you expect to see? After selecting the lot I wish to enter in build mode through the world map, the lot should load up in build mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started occurring after the most recent patch.

I am working on a save file and have bulldozed every lot in the game and am building my own lots. Recently, I have had an issue in entering lots through the world map. When I select the lot, there is a short loading screen, and I am taken back to the world select menu. It is impossible to enter these lots. Also, other lots have very long loading times (5+ minutes), or do not load at all and I must restart my game.

Message 1 of 4 (528 Views)

Hero
@plumbobbabe Are you getting an error message code ? If so, please post it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (479 Views)

Hero
@plumbobbabe Are you getting any error codes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (453 Views)

Hero
@plumbobbabe Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (426 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help