Enfys Nest Gains Protection when Isolated

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? 6S
OS Version 11.4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 858-692-474
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Enfys nest gains bonus protection when isolated. According to isolate you cannot gain positive effects outside your turn.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Isolate enfys nest, then hit her when it is not her turn.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country Australia

Should be straightforward.

Message 1 of 9 (825 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Enfys Nest Gains Protection when Isolated

EA Live QV Team

Hi @KafkaAU and thank you for the report.

This is working as intended. "Isolate" is only preventing positive status effects from other units/characters outside of Enfy's Nests turn. The bonus protection comes from her own unique "Fighting Instinct" and is not a buff.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (873 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @KafkaAU and thank you for the report.

This is working as intended. "Isolate" is only preventing positive status effects from other units/characters outside of Enfy's Nests turn. The bonus protection comes from her own unique "Fighting Instinct" and is not a buff.

Message 2 of 9 (874 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

this op bonus protection cant be prevented at all, healing immunity doesnt work either

Message 3 of 9 (782 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

Isolate states "Can't gain buffs; can't attack or gain positive effects out of turn; allies can't attack or gain positive effects during this unit's turn.

Gaining bonus protection is a positive effect and should be prevented by isolate.

If it is not working as intended then the wording on isolate needs to change to be more clear about what a positive effect is.

Message 4 of 9 (765 Views)

I think there's a lot of confusion about this because the bonus protection acts like a positive effect, but can't be prevented by anything (currently) in-game. I wonder if it should be worded similar to Zombie's resurrection - "this cannot be prevented."

Hero (Retired)

I agree with jkray, it should be reworded. It absolutely is a positive effect even if it's not a buff, as much as tm gain and healing are.

Additionally, it doesn't matter if it's from her unique, it's still activating outside of her turn. Rex and Chirrut have leader and unique abilities that grant them positive effects out of turn, and it's my understanding these are blocked by Isolate.

Message 6 of 9 (752 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_HighCommand You say it's working as intended, that Isolate prevents positive STATUS effects.  Yet the wording in game does not say status, it says positive effects.  It's been established elsewhere that not all positive effects are status effects (buffs), such as TM gain, cooldown reduction, healing, etc.  Bonus protection most definitely falls into the same category.

It's a new mechanic, and like many new mechanics it needs to be fine tuned as it comes into game .  The community is saying that this is indeed a "positive effect".  Anyone who isolates Enfys and then tries to fracture her or any other multi-hit attack would agree.

Message 7 of 9 (700 Views)

@OhMyCaptain wrote:

@EA_HighCommand You say it's working as intended, that Isolate prevents positive STATUS effects.  Yet the wording in game does not say status, it says positive effects.  It's been established elsewhere that not all positive effects are status effects (buffs), such as TM gain, cooldown reduction, healing, etc.  Bonus protection most definitely falls into the same category.

It's a new mechanic, and like many new mechanics it needs to be fine tuned as it comes into game .  The community is saying that this is indeed a "positive effect".  Anyone who isolates Enfys and then tries to fracture her or any other multi-hit attack would agree.

Hi @OhMyCaptain and thanks for commenting!  

The official "Character Strategy" post for Darth Traya listed out the things that are considered "positive effects" in terms of isolation:

*Positive effects include:

• Turn Meter Gain
  • Health Recovery
  • Protection Recovery
  • Assist Attack
  • Buffs
  • Revive
  • Ally Dispel
  • Health Equalization
  • Cooldown reduction

Nest's unique skill "Fighting Instinct" provides:

"Whenever Nest is damaged by an attack, the character gains +30% Critical Chance and 40% Bonus Protection (stacking). This Bonus Protection increases by an additional 40% each time. Both bonuses expire and reset at the end of Nest’s next turn."

Bonus Protection gains are not included in the list of Positive Effects prevented out-of-turn by Isolate, so Nest can continue gaining her Bonus Protection when damaged.  

I do still agree that this seems counter-intuitive, but it is currently working as intended.  If you believe Fighting Instinct or Isolation should be changed, then please provide your feedback to the Character Feedback Forum.  

Thank you!

★★★ Newbie

My enfys nest is stuck in a loop against darth traya, regardless of the technical explanation or intention of the character it is still stuck in a loop and I lose all my points in the game.  Please fix or prevent character from being available and compensate 

Message 9 of 9 (439 Views)