Enemy pathfinders no sound. Only Legend with no sound.

by AFartWithExtra

Original Post

PLEASE FIX THE SOUNDBUGS!!

★★★ Newbie

Literally every Time I Land somewhere where 3 or more squads are fighting my sound is completely * up.

My friends are having this issue aswell and it has been happening for months and the developers haven‘t done * about it. 

Makes thegame unplayable.

Message 21 of 44 (2,089 Views)

PATHFINDER NO STEPS!

★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number nvidia 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? PhaserA2
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Marginal city
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. FIghting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? way too many.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot hear steps from a specific character.
What should be happening instead? HEAR STEPS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? make pathfinder enemy and make him approach you

PATHFINDER does not make any steps! it happened many times and only with Pathfinder.

Also, make mouse button 1 cancel the freekin reload!

Stop auto weapon switch when out of bullets!

PATHFINDER does not take damage! sparks come out but no damage done!

Message 22 of 44 (2,051 Views)

Major Audio Issues on Xbox

★★★ Apprentice

1st off Dialogue Volume is either 0% or 100% Volume, no in-between. Footsteps for team mates are far too loud and sometimes I can hear my own footsteps twice. Also 90% of the time, I dont hear enemy footsteps even when its dead queit with no action going on. Also while yous are fixing audio, fix the audio in Airbase where it sounds like someone is redeploying in.

Message 23 of 44 (2,010 Views)

Audio Distortion / No Sound Cues

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Aaaarrgghh!

PS4 / UK

The amount of times today I have had sound distortion and lag combined with no sound cues from the enemy and I get ambushed. 

My ping is 12ms / Download is 62.3 mbps / Upload is 10.1 mbps. The issue is not my end, it is infuriating, when is the patch coming for this?

Message 24 of 44 (2,004 Views)

Re: Audio Distortion / No Sound Cues

Community Manager

Hey all,

An update went live today and here are changes related to audio. We appreciate any feedback you can provide after playing for a day.

QUALITY OF LIFE

• Lowered the master volume of all sounds during the character select screen through the end of the drop sequence.

• Lowered the volume of Wraith's ambient kunai knife sound for those who are sensitive to the sound. If it is still bothersome we will remove it in a later patch.

• Increased the volume of close proximity enemy footsteps for all Legends.

• Increased the priority of enemy footsteps to ensure the sounds play even in heavy combat situations.

• Slightly lowered the volume of Pathfinder footstep sounds heard from the first person view.

• Fixed missing or quiet dryfire (out of ammo trigger click sound) and low ammo (the progressive change in sound that the gun makes as the magazine approaches empty) sounds for the R301, Hemlok, Flatline and RE45.

• Increased the volume of the music that plays when winning a match.

• Added more detailed audio to the Training mission.

Full Patch Notes

Blueberry.png
Message 25 of 44 (1,939 Views)

Zipline sound effects missing or VERY low

★★★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Shockr88TV
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bangalore
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Thunder dome
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. nothing important
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? several
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 7.6.19 ~15:30
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What happens when the bug occurs? sound effects are either missing or far too low for zipline related actions
What should be happening instead? not that.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? be at the end of a zipline that's being used.

I encountered a rush by an enemy pathfinder, were he attached a zipline slightly above and behind me, then he and his teammate zipped halfway across the map and mario'd off my head, then tore lose with guns.  I didn't know they were coming until the guns part.  No zipline attach sound, no discernable riding sound.

happened again today, a duo rode one of the side zips up to the cage in thunderdome.  They'd already landed (not sure their landing thud played either) right above me and taken aim before I was aware.  In the replay, I think I can just barely hear a distant "start zipping" sound at 6 seconds, nothing after.

This is a massive problem.

https://youtu.be/0yF1MdMn_9c

Message 26 of 44 (2,159 Views)

Enemy pathfinders no sound. Only Legend with no sound.

★★★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number Geforce gtx 1080 SC
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? AFartWithExtra
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? any
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? doesnt matter
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. doesnt matter what part
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. playing, this issue is consistent
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? always occurs
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) always
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What happens when the bug occurs? Enemy pathfinders have no sound. No footsteps, no ult sound, no Q sound. I never know that a pathfinder is anywhere near me until they are shooting me, or I see them. No sound from their movements ever.
What should be happening instead? Should be able to hear pathfinder moving.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Stop playing the game with earplugs.

I can never hear enemy pathfinders. Doesn't matter if I am fighting, or they walk up behind me while I am looting, or I sneak up on them and follow them around because they are terrible. I followed 5 feet behind an enemy pathfinder one game for a few minutes. No sound. Then the enemy used the Q, no sound. This is pretty serious since being successful at this game requires being able to hear enemies, and a large majority of gamers choose Pathfinders. I can hear every other legend, this bug only occurs with pathfinders. (PS, don't claim to have fixed sound problems when clearly they have gotten worse. makes you look bad.)

Message 27 of 44 (2,068 Views)

Re: Zipline sound effects missing or VERY low

Community Manager

@Shockr88TV 

Are you sure that Pathfinder took the zipline all the way up? Could have jumped off and then grappled as he got closer. I feel like the explosion that went off muffled the sound of the zipline if that was taken up.

Blueberry.png
Message 28 of 44 (2,125 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Grapple should've had sound too, but 2 of them rode that zipline, the non- pathfinder couldn't have grappled. I'll try to get another video of it happening.. may be that it only happens in action with other sounds triggering.

Message 29 of 44 (2,118 Views)

Community Manager

@Shockr88TV 

There very well could have been an audio hiccup there. If you are able to get a different angle or submit a different clip that's unrelated to that one it always helps. Regardless, thanks for submitting this to us and rough to see it happen in a situation like that.

Blueberry.png
Message 30 of 44 (2,095 Views)