Re: Enemy Gains TM When Vader is Merciless

by GladOS-013

Original Post

EA Live QV Team

He clarified that part in his last statement: "Bonus Turns can still occur like from Malak's Jaw of Life Unique. "his bonus turns do not trigger other characters' effects based on bonus turns or Turn Meter gain." means that Vader starting his turn does not trigger effects that generate Turn Meter or Bonus turns. Those can still occur for other reasons like Malak hitting one of his health thresholds"

As for the Droidika interaction, we have a look into that as we speak.

Message 11 of 19 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

@jessica_secura We've flagged this for review and studio confirmed that this isn't a bug. Merciless Massacre only prevents abilities that are based off Bonus Turns from triggering.

Message 12 of 19 (466 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So the studio confirmed that droideka should be gaining TM even though that TM mechanic is turn based?

Message 13 of 19 (450 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

If that's the Dev intent, here's a gif from someone else of that not happening as JKA jumps in takes a turn. Of course JKA's bonus turn is based on the dmg to the ally, but if "Merciless Massacre only prevents abilities that are based off Bonus Turns from triggering" then JKA should not have his bonus turn.

Message 14 of 19 (436 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Here's a video instance of Padme taking her turn following a JKA bonus turn all the while interrupting Vader's Merciless Massacre ability:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvpLyF3rFds

Neither of those bonus turns should happen based on your description of how the studio says it should be working.

Message 15 of 19 (425 Views)

@jessica_secura
Anakin is not getting a bonus turn because of Vader "taking a bonus turn." Anakin gets a bonus turn because an ally dropped below 50% health.
Similarly, Padme world then get a bonus turn triggered from Anakin zeta, not triggered because Vader got a bonus turn.

I think that right now Anakin giving padme a bonus turn is there only thing that triggers off the granting of a bonus turn. The verbiage in Vader's kit looks like something put in to guard against a future kit.

★★★★ Apprentice

My follow up was in reply to the clarification from the studio (High Command’s last post)

Your comment is based on the ability description (which is written not clearly). 

Based on how the studio clarified, Padme should not be taking a turn. Perhaps the clarification was inaccurate, but that’s an important thing to know especially since it seems the ability as written is not working properly (see droideka bug)

Message 17 of 19 (372 Views)

@jessica_secura In my opinion, the clarification was correct, but was missing one word that I inferred when I read it.
"Merciless Massacre only prevents abilities that are based off [Vader's] Bonus Turns from triggering."

Currently that verbiage does nothing in game because nothing triggers off Vader's bonus turns.

★★ Apprentice

Droideka gaining TM isn’t based on opponent TM gain/bonus turns either though. Frankly, I can’t think of a character in the game that actually does gain TM from opponents taking bonus turns. I assumed that was future proofing against something coming down the line. 

Message 19 of 19 (336 Views)