Endless Loading Screen on game start

★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia Geforce 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? TheSmallKiwi
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Never get into the game
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Loading the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? None
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 05.02.19 11:00 EST
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The game loads, I briefly see a black screen with a logo, then the brown screen with the EA & Respawn logos. Then a black screen with a small red animated logo for a moment, then finally the brown screen with characters & an infinitely spinning circle. The menu never loads. I can press escape and exit the game.
What should be happening instead? The menu should load.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I honestly don't know. The game worked yesterday, but not today.

Not sure what more I can add, other than I spent a couple hours working with EA support and we did every possible troubleshooting step they could think of.

Message 1 of 48 (8,823 Views)

Re: Endless Loading Screen on game start

★ Apprentice

Installed the game on my wife's pc, it worked fine. Same network. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Message 2 of 48 (8,767 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue, but didn't occur until I bought $10 of in game credits, didn't receive them, and restarted to see if the currency showed up.  Now I am unable to get past the infinite loading circle.

Message 3 of 48 (8,735 Views)

★ Apprentice

More info! So I installed Apex legends on my wife's PC and logged in on her origin account, and the game loaded fine. But when I logged into MY account on her PC, the game loads endlessly.  So that tells me this is something affecting my account in particular. Maybe some item that I have unlocked or some character I have selected?  Anyways, for now, the workaround if you are having this problem, is to make a new origin account and start from scratch.

Message 4 of 48 (8,692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yesterday I've been on the Live Chat being answered on that question, and they told me it's a known issue and the studios are aware of it, and we've tried everything to make it work, also I've tried on multiple computers and operating systems, without any success. It seems to be really on the account, maybe on the Cloud Sync. The problem happens for me too.

https://twitter.com/drakzOfficial/status/1093002185070260224

Message 5 of 48 (8,682 Views)

★ Apprentice

Definitely not cloud sync, I've turned that off and no effect.

Message 6 of 48 (8,666 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Only thing that has worked is making a new account and playing with that in the meantime. I have given as much info to EA as I can, including this, so until they release a fix, I guess I'm playing on a secondary account.
Message 7 of 48 (8,620 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue. Created a new account and it works.

Message 8 of 48 (8,605 Views)

★★ Novice

Created multiple new accounts and have the same issue on each...

Have tried clearing origin cache, repairing/reinstalling the game, rebooting, and rolling back Nvidia drivers. All with the same result (https://i.imgur.com/1AvvYVD.jpg)

Specs:

Win 10 (64)

RTX 2070

Ryzen 5 1600x

16 gb DDR4

Message 9 of 48 (8,545 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
Im definitely having issues with the cloud sync. whole reason why i cant even log on right now. even switching it off to no avail
Message 10 of 48 (8,462 Views)