by SBookie31

Original Post

Encountering PS players causes lag/hitch to begin fights

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One S
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? UncleNelson69
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Entire map on every map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Fighting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0 happens consistently every game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Started when crossplay began
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Basically it’s like PS users have the upper hand. Every time I and my squad mates (more than 10 different people) all experience a hitch or some sort of lag when beginning a fight (melee or gunfight) with a PS user. This never happened before cross play but now, every encounter with PS players results in a laggy start and throughout the firefight as well.
What should be happening instead? Smooth fighting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in regular crossplay matches. Pubs and ranked with an Xbox one (mine is an S but my friends have original and X) and at each encounter you’ll notice hitching/lagging when encountering and interacting with PS players

Read notes attached pls

Message 1 of 2 (189 Views)

Re: Encountering PS players causes lag/hitch to begin fights

★★★ Newbie

It has been the biggest frustration from the introduction of crops play. Every time we run into a PS4 player it stutters. Lag pocket. Which seems to never affect them only Xbox. It is a major issue and brings a lot of frustration and makes it not as fun to play the game. 

Message 2 of 2 (178 Views)