Emperor Palpatine's Dark Aura disables sprint and jump permanently

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Can't sprint/jump with the character
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Szaby59
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 2018.11.24
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Palpatine's dark aura was affecting me (I was almost out of range) then pushed him with Luke and my sprint speed was reduced (sprint animation still plays) and couldn't jump. When I got back to him again and he activated Dark Aura sprint and jump recovered
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't jump, sprint is slow - sprint animation still plays.
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Video of the bug itself: 

Message 1 of 31 (2,933 Views)

Re: Emperor Palpatine's Dark Aura disables sprint and jump permanently

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Szaby59

As always, thank you for taking your time to report this Standard smile

We'll test this out.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 31 (2,841 Views)

Hero characters still seem to be able to go into this faulty state. This has been happening from launch.

It can be solved by getting another stagger ability to trigger. So for example, you can solve this slow running when some other hero hits you with his lightsaber.

Message 3 of 31 (2,827 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'd like to point out that this happens even with regular troopers, not only heroes. It happened to me while using the heavy and while using sentinel it would slow me down to a standstill, so it definitely scales with other movement affecting skills.

Message 4 of 31 (2,761 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I wish I had a clue to try and test this in arcade. I'll try with luke as @Szaby59 detailed it. Then I'll come with the results of my test. But this BUG has almost never affected me.

Message 5 of 31 (2,716 Views)

★★★ Novice
  1. I'm not sure why it happens, I think it is related to how you get out of the aoe though, happened to me while using Rey on Yavin IV, Luke on some map I don't recall and heavy on another map I don't recall, I have footage while playing Rey, but I don't really know how to shoe it since I captured with the Xbox one built in software.
Message 6 of 31 (2,713 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can confirm that as of, 4/25/19, this bug still happens. I've had it happen thrice since the latest patch while playing as Anakin (once) and Yoda (twice).

Message 7 of 31 (2,622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The bug presented itself again yesterday (June the third 2019), this time i actually got the footage (started capturing after seeing i got bugged again), it's a pretty long video but it shows how the bug risolves itself after being struck by a shock grenade, so maybe it could be helpful to determine how the bug appears in the first place.

It goes away around 5.40, apparently because of a shock grenade, but i am 100% it was caused by palpatine, either by his lightning or his dark aura.

Message 8 of 31 (2,525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same here, this is not often, but this happens, when I face palpatine with Dark Aura activated, and I am chasing him. when the Aura debuff ends, my hero dont recover his normal sprint and jump, until death.

Message 9 of 31 (2,371 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I can confirm this BUG is still in the game after today's patch

Message 10 of 31 (2,205 Views)