Re: Eco Workshop not able to to start shift

by Ilois4

Original Post

Eco Workshop not able to to start shift

★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 13
OS Version iOS 16.1.1
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I can’t start an eco workshop shift. I don’t have anyone doing a current shift. It glitched out during a workshop shift and won’t let me do another one. Frown
What do you expect to see? See above?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

See no option to start a. Shift. 

Message 1 of 10 (924 Views)

Hero
@Esdeekay91 Hi, leave your sims free from events and restart the app. When reopening the game check if sims have completed events (pink check mark) and claim the prizes. You might have to restart the app several times.

If this doesn’t help, check if you have recently made a sim passive or retired who might be stuck since the sim was doing the Eco workshop event.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 10 (908 Views)

★ Novice
@Ilois4 I had a Sim retire recently, but he wasn’t the one in the Eco event at the time. Do I just restart the app still if this is the case?
Message 3 of 10 (898 Views)

Hero
@Esdeekay91 Try restarting the app when the sims aren’t in any event to see if it helps.

Message 4 of 10 (885 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Esdeekay91 Hi! I have the same issue. Were you able to find a fix?
Message 5 of 10 (729 Views)

Hero
@CynCyn20 Hi, did you try the suggested from post #2?

Message 6 of 10 (710 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Ilois4 Yes I did but it didn't work. It's been like that for a while now. I thought that the updates would fix it but nothing.
Message 7 of 10 (698 Views)

Hero
@CynCyn20 Hi, there’s been some fixes in the game to tackle this issue, however it still looks like that players have to figure out which sim is most likely causing the Eco Workshop issue. If you have only active sims and you haven’t made any sims passive or retired, then my first suggestion should work.

If you have made sims passive or retired them, then you have to open the family portrait/generations tab and click through your passive/retired sims. Just tap the sim character and exit the family portrait. Restart the app/ device and check if the Eco Workshop shift is available.

Message 8 of 10 (688 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Ilois4 It worked! I went through several of my passive sims and found one who had a pink checkmark to complete a job and after clearing that another checkmark appeared to clear the completed workshop. Very strange. But it worked. Thanks for your help!
Message 9 of 10 (673 Views)

Hero
@CynCyn20 That’s great to hear! 😊

Message 10 of 10 (668 Views)