Original Post

Eco Work shop, Missing Shifts, Season Tasks stuck on Screen, etc

★★★★★ Pro

iPad Pro 6 

WiFi 

USA

Problems started with last update 

Happens 99% of the time 

I’m having multiple issues:  I’ve tried to look at the known bugs, but it’s hard to tell what is most current & 

not resolved 

1 Can’t do any Eco Workshop- No Star to click on, therefore I can’t complete the Season Tasks 

2 Many times certain Shift Lengths are missing. ex. Quick &  Long Shifts are available, but no Standard which    again messes getting  Season tasks done

3 Season Tasks Banner stuck on Main screen.  Already been addressed & waiting for a permanent solution 

4 My Sims will do a Task, but then will end up in a different task setting. Ex. Sim was supposed to be doing a Workshop task, but ended up in a Practice Event, but still was asked to Continue or Deposit.

5 Sim will be in  a different part of the house or floating on water.  More annoying than a major problem 

Usually, if a problem is only annoying, I don’t report it, but when it messes with game play, potential rewards, quests, & finishing a STS,  Treasure Hunt, Quests,  etc.  I will come in here to find a solution & get help. 
The MAJOR issues are not getting fixed fast enough, & causes me to not want to play as often. 

Message 1 of 3 (661 Views)

Re: Eco Work shop, Missing Shifts, Season Tasks stuck on Screen, etc

Hero
@katclawsx3 Hi, if you notice your sims finishing (or doing) events they’re not supposed to be in, claim the rewards and restart your game. Close the app completely and restart.

When reopening, check if the sims are back to their normal events or if there are pink check marks, claim the rewards and restart again. You might have to restart few times.

Restarting your game should also bring back the option to do quick/standard/long events.

For Ecowork shop try the workaround https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Workaround-Can-t-start-shift-at-Eco-Workshop/m-p/10842877/high.... If it doesn’t work, check through your passive sims if someone is ‘busy’ in an event. If someone is busy in an event, they might be the reason the Ecoworkshop shift can’t be started.

I’d suggest not making sims passive at the moment but if must then restart your game few times just to make sure they are not in an event somewhere in the game background. Also if you’re planning to retire a sim, i’d suggest to do the restarting before that too.

Unfortunately the issues have piled up for months now and are making players games unplayable. Hopefully we’ll get a solution to these issues in the next update.

Sending positive vibes your way! 😊

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (646 Views)

Re: Eco Work shop, Missing Shifts, Season Tasks stuck on Screen, etc

★ Apprentice
@katclawsx3 I have same issues, for some time now there is no star to click on Eco Workshop.
Message 3 of 3 (441 Views)