by SimQARobo

Original Post

Eco Living - Can't place the fabricator since the last patch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansions, game and stuff packs. My game is fully patched
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to place the fabricator (Eco Living) on the community lots - Community Space, Community Garden, Maker Space, Marketplace
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to place the fabricator on these community lots a LE occurs and I have problems to place it.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a working fabricator
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The problem started with the latest patch Update 7/23/2020 PC: 1.65.70.1020

What I tried: I've spoken with EA Help Service via telephone. They send my an e-mail with a lot of steps. I did all 

I deleted the whole Sims4 folder, repaired the game via Origin and started a brand new game . Nothing worked! 

I hope that you are able to help me with this problem. And sorry for my poor English but English is not my native language. 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 1 of 9 (1,620 Views)

Re: Eco Living - Can't place the fabricator since the last patch

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EvangelinaSilver It's working fine for me.

Could you upload the LE you're getting ?

Either create a .rar file and upload that or c/p the content to a post within spoiler tags

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,594 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello Crinrict Wink Thanks for testing but I have no solution for the problem ;( Can you pls. tell me where I can post the RARfile with the LE? I never did it here before, so sorry for my question 

Message 3 of 9 (1,520 Views)

Hero

@EvangelinaSilver wrote:

Hello Crinrict Wink Thanks for testing but I have no solution for the problem ;( Can you pls. tell me where I can post the RARfile with the LE? I never did it here before, so sorry for my question 

You need WinRar or 7z (just google). With that you can create a rar file.

Since the folks at MCCC provided me with your LE, I'll just upload that though so don't worry about it.

It's only on community lots, right ? Is it only the Community space ones or also if you try place them in a park ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 4 of 9 (1,491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi Crinrict Wink 

Thanks for the solution with my LE Wink 

Well, the error only appears when I try to place a new fabricator and/or try to change the place of an existing fabricator on the Community Spaces. And this problem occurs on ALL 4 lot types (space, garden, marketplace and maker space).

On home lots and/or other community lots like parks etc. the error doesn't occur. 

Thanks for your help

Evangelina

Message 5 of 9 (1,474 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @EvangelinaSilver 

Would you be wiling to share your save file(s) that have this issue?

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 9 (1,424 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello @SimQARobo 

Normally yes, but I cleared the  whole Sims4 folder and this save file is not longer available. BUT if you want and it helps I will start a new save file (on my second Win10 account) this weekend. 

Message 7 of 9 (1,371 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

P.S. Here is the link for my save game as requested. 

Thanks for your help in advance

Evangelina

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1p_Ie5HssL4guLbNtHqgx-Bn3SUbaNV4C?usp=sharing

Message 8 of 9 (1,337 Views)

EA Sims Team

@EvangelinaSilver 

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 9 (1,298 Views)