by lizbug56

Original Post

Earpieces Causing Glitchy Audio & Randomly Appearing In Inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Fitness Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids' Room Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Vampires, Realm of Magic, Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living & Get to Work.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new save file and wait for the earpieces to automatically go into your Sim's inventory (since that is what's happening to me, and I don't even order them at the time). If they don't go into your Sim's inventory after a while, then order a pair off of the computer. After you've received them, then play some music, and then turn it off, and have your Sim walk around a bit. You shouldn't be able to hear their footsteps.
What happens when the bug occurs? Probably after 5 minutes of me playing on my save file, I will get a notification that earpieces have been added to my Sim's inventory. So, I decided to play some music, and got bored with it after a while, so I turned it off. The next thing I know, I can't hear my Sim's footsteps. I turned my volume all the way up, and I can kind of hear it, but they're extremely faint & it's hard to hear. This also happens with the earpieces in.
What do you expect to see? While I have my earpieces on my Sim, I expect to hear my Sim's footsteps, while I'm using them, and after I've taken them off. And at the beginning of my save file, I expect them to not randomly appear in my inventory when I didn't oder them off of a computer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So, you know those earpieces that you receive with Fitness Stuff? Well, for some reason, after about 5 minutes of playing in my save, I get a notification that earpieces have been added into my Sim's inventory, when I didn't even order them off of the computer. So, I decided to put them in because it started to get kinda quiet in my game. And while I had them in, my Sim was walking to her next class, and I realized, that I couldn't even hear my own Sim's footsteps, and I had her in heels, and she was walking on gravel at the time. So, I turned the earpieces off, and I still couldn't hear my Sim's footsteps.

I'm not really sure what's going on with this. I've refreshed all of my files in my TS4 folder twice for good measures, and that didn't work. I've also removed my one mod that I use, which is the MC Command Center mod, and that didn't work either, so I'm not really sure what's going on. I recently just got Fitness Stuff along with a few other packs, thanks to the big sale, and I'm not sure if this is supposed to be happening or not.

Message 1 of 1 (350 Views)