by vol4life8657

Original Post

Early findings in Madden NFL 21

★★ Apprentice

Product: Playtest
Platform:All
What game do you want to talk about? Madden NFL 21
How accessible is the current experience? I can use parts of it
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. Bug report findings for Madden NFL 21 accessibility
How is this making it more difficult? Comparison of Madden NFL 20 and 21
How can we reproduce this experience? Load up Madden 21, and Madden 20, and navigate the game with menu narration turned on, without using your sight as a means of playing or of obtaining information.

In a comparison of Madden NFL 20, and Madden NFL 21, there has been no changes to Menu narration. While the Yard is Narrated, The Face of the Franchise mode is not.
Area's in Franchise mode such as Finances, staff changes and the playbooks are still not Narrated. No work has gone in to making this experience more accessible for blind players.
Is this a sign of things to come, OR will we see changes the next year?
Should blind players and players with disabilities only by every other release?
Are there plans to patch in accessibility later this year??
I did spend 88 dollars for this game, and while I'm greatful that accessibility has not been stripped from the game it is sad to see no improvements in expanding features. NO changes to in-game narration, though again, this is expected, seeing as new consoles were being worked on.
This does not change my disappointment however, and my continual wish that EA would make a stronger commitment to accessibility.
You said you had gaps in coverage to fill last year, but the wholes in the zone, are wide enough to have receivers run through them with no safety help.
While I love the fact that I can now see what formation my play is in, and who is the primary receiver, this is only able to be done with OCR. If a player does not have OCR, they do not have access to this information.
Why does EA continue to make things so complex? If you guys are all about creating a fun, fair, and equal place for all players to play, is this your idea of equal? Allowing us to play online with each other, but not giving us access to important information on and off the field, that our sighted opponents have? Allowing us to call plays but not able to understand what our oponent is doing, and not putting us on equal footing with our sighted players?
The official EA statement regarding the support of the "Black Lives Matter" movement was very telling for me, because Menu Narration did not read the message. If Black lives matter, and you want a fair and balanced playing community for everyone, then persons with disabilities of all types matter as well. I should be able to have a fair chance against anyone from any background. I should be able to make pre-play adjustments, know wich receiver is open, and know what plays I"m calling, without sighted assistance.
I should be able to create, run, and play through face of the franchise mode, without assistance. And, as far as being Emersed in the game, I should be able to read the messages, news, and and training , media questions, and other important information. I should as a customer of EA games for over 23 years, be able to say, "I can play this title as good as any sighted player without assistance, and yet, because of these gaps in coverage, I can't.

Message 1 of 1 (1,339 Views)