EVA-8 single fire mode doesn't benefit from Purple Shotgun Bolt with Double Tap

★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? UntilDissolution
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Nvidia Geforce
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The Firing Range
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Experimenting with the EVA-8
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? N/A
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When you equip the purple shotgun bolt AND the Double Tap Trigger on the EVA-8, and then switch the EVA-8 to the single-fire mode, the fire rate will be as slow as if you didn't have a purple shotgun bolt equipped. When you have just the purple bolt equipped, but no double tap trigger equipped, then the standard single fire mode is correctly made much faster because of the purple bolt.
What should be happening instead? The single-fire mode with the Double Tap equipped should benefit from the purple shotgun bolt.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fire the EVA-8 without attachments. Note the fire rate. Equip the Purple Bolt on an EVA-8. Fire, and note the fire rate. Then equip the Double Tap trigger too, and then mode-switch back to single fire mode. The fire rate will be as if you didn't have the Purple Bolt equipped.

Here's a video demonstration of the issue. The video also shows some other mystery issue where it'll seem like the EVA fires twice super-quickly. I have no idea what's going on there.

https://youtu.be/PNArI_Jb_XY

Message 1 of 2 (455 Views)

Re: EVA-8 single fire mode doesn't benefit from Purple Shotgun Bolt with Double

Thank you for reporting this @a-weird-bird 

The video shows it pretty clear, the shotgun bolt doesn't affect te fire rate when double tap trigger is equipped as well.

I read this on Reddit yesterday and tried it out in the firerange and I can indeed confirm this issue.

Message 2 of 2 (424 Views)