Re: ERROR UPDATING PILOT DATA. Please try again (4445)

by ChiraaKitteh

Original Post

★★★★ Pro
@psychoguppy So, you took the time to post about a game you don’t play, necroing a thread from over a year ago? How exactly did you figure anything out without playing.

Plenty of folks don’t have connection issues most of the time. They don’t post on forums, 'cause that’s just the way forums work. People who are happy with a game generally don’t post.
Message 101 of 104 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I didn't say I never played it. I said I'm glad I didn't pay for it. Imagine developing a game and having the same, widespread issue since it first came out. An issue that keeps people who actually purchased the game from even playing it. That is unacceptable, and the Devs should be ashamed of themselves. As for the post being a year old, I saw "March" and didn't even notice. There are other forum posts from March of this year with the same error message. I've looked through several and this was the last one I saw and happened to comment on. 

Message 102 of 104 (691 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@psychoguppy I have similar issues off and on with Destiny2, the Division, etc. I generally blame my ISP. More people should hold their ISP to task. However you seem rather closed to looking into your connection issues in any depth, so enjoy whatever it is you enjoy.
Message 103 of 104 (657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

sorry for using your post to post here ^^

so its 2023 and the issue is still there;

but just run compatibility and the error disappeared for me (bunch of other stuff didn't work ^^)

honestly I had only heard bad about anthem so it was a desperation, 5€, sub to test it.

and BOY did I get supriced;

Anthem, honestly, Has the best dialog, delivery, writing, and voice acting, persona's etc I've ever seen in any RPG;

the animation off faces together with the voice acting, suprime, makes you actually see and feel this is a real person; the way the dialog and all quest etc is dynamically worked into interesting and honestly Very entertaining, some outright hilarious; due to the extreme amount off small details to language, suprime animation off faces to potray the emotion, mood, action, voice etc. 

its sooo good that after 20 hours off just following the story and doing every mission and enjoying; I am still blown away over almost every dialog and interaction and its the first RPG EVER I got more than an hour into before I was spam skipping 95% off all dialog (here I heard and enjoyed everyone of them; and I am looking forward to talking to some off the characters againWink

also the suprime way to do interactions; telling you the emotion with a single line off words and then have the voice actor act it out, it is so insanely well done (I use the female voice and honestly its Really good for game voicing; but Every other character in the game are Much better, they are Supreme. never seen the likes.

---

also Everything about the first 20 hours in anthem (ignoring tech issues) has been an absolute Blast compared to ANY other game.

Come on I dare EVERYONE to pick their All time favourite MMO/RPG etc and Play through just 10 hours off it then the first 10 hours off anthem and feel the difference in how engaged and entertained most off us will feel.

----

the movement system is without equal;

not kidding you I've been hardcore gaming since the 90's, to an obsessive lvl for many off those years.

and I tell you; I've never played a game where I have this much fine control over where, how, when and how pleasant an experience it is to control your movement; besides maybe decent the old one but you needed 100+ hours hardcore play just to be able to skillfully move without constantly bumping into things; so extreme high skill ceiling and minimum skill needed, which is never relaxing

(There are only 2 things I could want to add to make it slightly more qol; when jump-button is pressed it should fly directly upwards (or upwards towards where you move if moving) and crouch should go down. besides that minor thing; I honestly can't come up with any way to improve this movement system; any other improvements I come up with are all improvements would be automating processes that are tedious and annoying to deal with (like auto jumping stuff when sprinting, auto wall-running etc. think EQN and what their movement attempted to do ^^)

as for combat; it is FAR more engaging than other mmo's;

I can fly around high and artillery strike stuff with magic at EXTREME DISTANCES; if I can see it I can hit it with most spells; should be all but its fine.

the casting off skills is supreme as well; I Love how it feel to charge skills that need it, I love how they sound, look, impact, and especially the atmosphere they created; there is soo much love put into this and the details shows sooo well.

and I absolutely LOVE charging skills which changes effects after fully charging (ryl2 did it first and was blown away by it back then; and this is the updated way to do that RIGHT; I would like to have more than "fully charged, uncharged", it would be really cool to have "firebolt, fireball, firestorm, hellbringer" (effectively goes from single target, explosive firebalt as is now; and damn all the fx effects are mindblowing and performance is so insanely good if you tweak; or just get GeForce to do it and increase the few option that matters weirdly much to you (for me environment need to look good ty, makes a lot of joy). one small change I would like skills clicks to regits when held down, so I avoid having to repush at the hotkey to have it regit I am holding it down to use the skill as fast as available ^^

and that brings us to; the game is absolutely Gorgeous; in all graphic settings it looks amazing;

animations, fx effects, skills, movement, everything is just 1 step above the top of all current existing games; and it all binds so perfectly together (only sound off 'guns' and impact effects are honestly not good and need improvement, it's future with magic+- why not make the weapon sound and look awesome as well Wink

The atmosphere and tech in the environment make it feel and look so alive; it is mindblowing this is seen as worse than ANYTHING currently on the market...

and the optimization is pretty amazing; it looks stunning, absolutely stunning compared to what it runs on and at max graphics I honestly cant remember a world more beautiful, lush and alive in it's terrain environment (and critters got soo much already in them, some attack when scared, some flee, etc. its super high AI for critters, and lovely first step to make the world even more living).

the tech to allow you to move so fast without issues is amazing, the trial combat can only be matched by arial combat specific games, and mostly bc off what style you like (jet fights is a lot different from heli etc).

but that their tech can fluently handle it is amazing.

the targeting system off spells and aoe's is by FAR the best of Any game out there; it's always a problem when you need to do "how do I determine where the aoe go off" anthem actually answered this supremely; and NO ONE took not, which is just sad as it is an issue that's been plaguing the gaming industry forever in all genres;

so what did they do? nothing converluted; the spells go off or towards where you aim; simple; but when it's aoe's if aimed within x-dis off a target it will use the target as the center off the aoe;

this doesn't sound like much but it effectively lets you cast the aoe where you want it and need it, you can easily target flying units with aoe's etc.

and it feels extremely intuitive, smooth and functions better than ANY game where you cast aoe spells.

their single target and homing target skills are also supreme; but that's easier to archive but still AWESOME.

i could honestly go on.

I've been blown away over how good Everything is.

the main issues are Sound off weapons is depressingly weak, so is the look when they impact; make them as cool as skills.

too few enemies, patrols etc. on the maps (so increase numbers, decrease individual stats on weaker targets, on all non big threats.

and that's it; besides that just continue to develop and reinvest money into the game...

honestly I think that you could EASILY make 100million+ in Kickstarter funds if you went out and said; we will make a Kickstarter, if the fans reach 100mill, we will put full effort into making anthom the Next-gen it Clearly is so close to being...

also its better than destiny in EVERY way; honestly.

it's better than RPG's such as shadow off war, shadow off mordor (and you can see and feel how much off their altitude creation took some idea from there).

it is the most FANTASY MAGIC like world off ALL mmo's (their creatures alone, is a win; the art of the suit is amazing, the leg thing is so genius etc... and the world seem and LOOKS magical; the waters are so mesmerizing, etc; it is sooooooo much better than BDO, Elder scrolls series at MAX mods, blade and souls or ANY other acclaimed game for their "beautiful environment".

not to mention their World seems magical, different, from the look off the grabbits to the look off everything else that creates atmosphere it feels magical, different and enticing.

it got better combat and movement system than ANY game out there.

it got better writing, dialog then any game I can recall.

it got FAR FAR Superior fascial animations, voice acting, and SOUL in both than ANYTHING I remember; the closest I come I when I first encountered the succubus persona in might and magic, the voiced one cant remember its name; first one where all environment was "interactable" :P Wink

and the next one if TitanFalls machines which did created a very nice story and experience; but NOTHING close to the lvl off persona's anthems voice actors, face and body behaviour animations have.

living environment; better than Every game.

here is the difference on elder scroll series and this

ES; I walk up to someone on the street and they first off almost don't move, their faces are expressionless, and if their is a dialog voicing its like it was written out off protest for the wasted off time and you can feel it, it also has nothing to do with you and you have no effect on anything, its pointless, tedious and ugly.

Anthem; every character got an animation cycle making what they are doing plausible for someone to do without it being odd. the impressive ones are the once which speaks; so they will have an important convo and it comes to a very personal and private thing and then both characters stop looks at my char becomes uncomfortable and stop talking, after a while the male stops looking uncomfortable and start staring at me a LOT more and the fascial expressions says; i am a though and you are about to get in a conflict; it still looked annoyed around and i could feel how it was annoyingly clicking its tongue trying to figure out if it was worth creating conflict;

the female one become more and more uncomfortable; until it just looked down and everywhere except me, very rarely it would take a quick glance and look uncomfortable.

so i was "this can't be right" but i experienced it several times; and while it might just be timing etc; i gotta give them credit for making me care about their convo, for feeling i am peaking and feeling a bit awkward when they stopped and looked at me as "hey thehell? this isn't a public show".

i had this many times; and i must admit I've NEVER had that before in 30 ish years off gaming.

many times i had the experience I've had as the "first experience of a really good thing".

the flying, the movement, the control, the time limits not being too small, etc. blew me away with how extremely well controlled and functioning it is.

the skills reach, distance, and that it functions is mind-blowingly awesome for someone like me that dreams for flying around high in the air and raining down magical hell on the enemies :;P

and here you can, and its amazing.

i will say i for some reason i don't know, have been able to get power 55 when i was at power 10; so I've experienced a play with insane lightning dmg and a lot of impact (though already at lvl 15+ i felt my other spells where starting to add up real dmg).

i Felt like a True NUKER MAGE with ALL it's glory...

..... and honestly after playing anthem, i am so blown away with everything, 20+hours now;  and i am SOOO sad about how reviewers trashed it and are STILL trashing it, using many untrue statements such as "staring into the npc's dead eyes"... where i am THIS is FAR FAR superior to ANY other game... come please go find a game where the npc's just hanging around seems more alive and Real than in anthem?

we will wait Wink

so yer; now that i tried it i can't ever return to another game without such amazing movement, range and effect... the feel off powerful Long Range Nuker Mage is absolutely amazing. the fact a fireball than fly LITERALLY 40 times LONGER than the longest spell-reach in every other MMO and RPG i recall (which i think is all off them; kinda obsessed with systems, mechanics and numbers; for over 20 years:P ).

So yer...

Anthem even as it is now; is a supremely good multiplayer-Rpg.

and that's with So little extra development into it.... maan i hope they will not let it die, but instead do something like a "Anthem Revamped"; which just fixes the few small things, optimize stuff and get their UE engine stuff in order (it should be extremely durable) and then just sell us a 10€ subscription to all its content and let us sub and enjoy forever :;P

Best to all off you; sad i didn't find this gem before :/ 

and buuuuuh to all the reviewers trashing it, especially trashing it after its last updates at 2019ish... so its the same experience i have here; so i am calling utter BS on their vids; cheap fast  that only hurt a good product :/

Message 104 of 104 (248 Views)