Re: ERROR UPDATING PILOT DATA. Please try again (4445)

by Kaylfreedoom

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

This issue has gotten more and more frequent since the last patch till today where no matter what mission/freeplay i try to run it eats my consumables and kicks me back to the news page in town after attempting to connect

Message 91 of 104 (1,140 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It's honestly disgusting how terrible this is. Unfortunately, I can tell that the game has the potential to be fun (IMO), but they clearly needed QUITE A BIT of time before releasing it. It's all about making money. They keep rushing stuff. Case in point: They were contacting customers on EA/Reddit chat boards, stating that they are aware of the issues and then tried to quell our anger by stating that the next patch will fix all of the issues with PS4s crashing (and I'm sure there are other issues. I wouldn't know, I can't play). Then, they stated that the update will be released on Tuesday, March 12th. Well, much to our surprise, they rolled the update out on Saturday, the 9th! Great!!!! Except it didn't fix anything and made everything else worse. I was under the impression that the update was happening on the 12th still, to fix even more stuff. However, as it turns out, that was untrue. And I've still got an $80-some-odd-dollar game that I can't play. Awesome.
Message 92 of 104 (1,066 Views)

★ Guide

now that annoying error even comes while loading missions and in the middle of missions!

How about adressing that stupid issue by increasing timeouts?

Message 93 of 104 (1,016 Views)

Re: Anthem constantly crashes / connection, live service & pilot data errors

★★★★ Novice

I've had this error on 2 connections.

My 4g connection which i normally use drops out ALL the time, and is completely unplayable. Though normally is my fastest most reliavle connection.

My ADSL 5mb connection has more stability, however I have just had the worst bout of connection trouble ever, leading me to post here.

Literally EVERY 5 minutes, I restart in the fort, rush to get to the loading bay as I can no longer do the side missions without completing the main quest.

and then crash.....

back to fort tarsis again..

I had great hopes for this game, and I do love it, when I can play.

Though my patience is wearing thin now, as I guess is most of the community,

This could have been and if fixed quickly can still be a sucess, however I think the net code is too broken that someone somewhere is getting fired and a lot of money is going to be lost.

Lets wait for Anthem 2

Message 94 of 104 (936 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How yoy fixed?

Message 95 of 104 (971 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Have absolutely the same issue with Pilot data error and strong rubber banding.

Message 96 of 104 (955 Views)

ERROR UPDATING PILOT DATA. Please try again (4445)

★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nivdia. Acer Predetor G9-593
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gigs
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Contract: Hazard Pay/ Also happened sometimes joining Strongholds or Freeplay
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 2
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Storm
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Sometimes after load screen from game modes menu where I start an expedition. Sometimes, like this last time, I started, flew to the first batch of baddies and while fighting it just crashed to a loading screen and restarted with error. (In this case I got the error twice in a row loading expeditions. First time didnt get past load screen I to contract, second time I got as described above right after).
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03/27/19
Summarize your bug After load screen from game modes menu where I start an expedition. Sometimes, like this last time, I started, flew to the first batch of baddies and while fighting it just crashed to a loading screen and restarted with error. (In this case I got the error twice in a row loading expeditions. First time didnt get past load screen I to contract, second time I got as described above right after).
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load an expedition? Play on hotel wifi?
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes and restarts at start welcome screen
What should be happening instead? loading an expedition...

The bug happens frequently and I cant imagine its user related. Its random and nothing special is done. It's just a crash loading or after starting an expedition.

Message 97 of 104 (925 Views)

★★★★ Guide
happens all the time after the last patch. thought they said this was fixed but now its worse than ever.
Message 98 of 104 (892 Views)

★ Apprentice

True contents in this game is a bugs. Total game is a bug. Without choice.

Message 99 of 104 (855 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still haven't fixed this issue. I'm on Xbox One X. So glad I figured this out without buying the game. 

Anthem Devs suck sweaty balls.

Message 100 of 104 (653 Views)