Re: [ECO] Upgrading the Refrigerator Causes Tooltip on Hoover

by canelacaliente

Original Post

[ECO] Upgrading the Refrigerator Causes Tooltip on Hoover

★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Moschino, Tiny House
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim upgrade the refrigerator with both the full cell and the energy-efficient device upgrades.
What happens when the bug occurs? The refrigerator will alternate between an Industrial or Eco-friendly tooltip on hoover.
What do you expect to see? No tooltip to be displayed on hoover.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The picture of the fridge is from City Living.  I have tested on multiple refrigerators.  No other upgrades show this tooltip.

09-17-20_11-03-50 PM.png09-17-20_11-06-13 PM.png

Message 1 of 4 (555 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I get the Green Eco Footprint on most objects that I upgrade to Energy Efficient. I don't use Fuel Cell upgrades, so I haven't seen the Industrial Eco Footprint. Those tooltips are normal for the upgrades you've done. It's a little surprising that the game tries to show them both but I don't think it's a bug, just an unintended consequence of players doing things the developers didn't anticipate.

Message 2 of 4 (515 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Sketch793 Can you post a screensho of your upgraded appliances? I have upgraded the appliances and I only get the tooltip on the refrigerator.
Message 3 of 4 (502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Sketch793Can you list the objects you are seeing the Green Eco Footprint on? I have upgraded one of each object to the Energy Efficient Device upgrade. I am not seeing the Green Footprint tooltip on any object but the refrigerator.

Here is a video showing that I am not seeing what you are seeing in your game:

Message 4 of 4 (472 Views)