Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] [TLSP] Tiny Houses draws NPCs on home lot in Evergreen Harbor

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I bulldozed the Canal Corner lot in Evergreen Harbor upon the initial purchase of the lot and set it to a Tiny Home (mine is tier 1).
What happens when the bug occurs? The Tinker family spends all day at my house, every day. They have no Send Home or Ask to Leave options. I also noticed with a bit of testing that when Bess and Knox come by to inform about voting, they do not have the Send Home options, either. Disallowing Friends/Neighbors does not affect them.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to not utilize my lot as their home. I expect to see a Send Home or Ask to Leave option. I expect the No Trespassing options to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's been occurring in all my saves since Eco launched and is still a problem to this day.

I know there's several different unwelcomed NPC bugs in the works, so I figured I'd file a proper, full complaint and see if it can combine with any of the existing issues, or if it's a whole separate matter. It seems to be specific to a Tiny Home residential type. I did some quick testing in a new vanilla save.

I started as a "Legacy"-ish challenge with $1800. I built one room, a bed, a candle maker, and a gardening pot.

Sunday.
9:10am - Yasmine, Tina, and Faye spawn in. No welcome wagon event. Tina starts using candle maker. No options to send any of them home.

10am - Knox spawns in to tell me about Voting Green. No option to Send Home.

11am - Faye and Yasmine despawn, Olive and Gideon spawn in. No option to Send Home.

11:30am - Knox, Olive and Gideon despawn.

12pm - Tina gets a thought bubble for sleep and leaves.

2pm - Bess spawns in to tell about Voting for Profit, also with no option to Send Home.

Monday.
10am - Yasmine, Tina, and Olive spawn in. Tina starts using candle maker. Olive does her homework on the sidewalk.

12pm - Yasmine and Olive despawn.

1pm - Tina gets thought bubble for sleep and leaves. Olive and Yasmine spawn back in and despawn at 1:30.

3:30pm - Tina, Yasmine, and Olive are back. Still haven't introduced my sim to them. Still no option to send anyone home. Friendly introduction to all of them. No Ask to Leave option. Olive's doing her homework on my bed. Tina taught me how to make a couch because she's tired of not sitting around. I see you, Tina.

4pm - Yasmine goes over to chat with Olive, still on my bed. Tina's playing with the candle maker again.

6pm - Olive and Yasmine think about sleeping and leave.

7pm - Invited Yasmine over, she still doesn't have a Send Home or Ask to Leave option.

7:50pm - Tina leaves, and Yasmine despawns at 8.

Tuesday. - Disallowed Neighbors, Disallowed Friends, Disallowed Solicitors

11am - Yasmine and Tina spawn in and despawn at 11:40

1:30 - Yasmine and Tina are back, despawned 4 minutes later.

3pm - Tina and Yasmine spawn in. Tina runs to my candle maker (clearly ignoring the No Trespassing rule).

3:30pm - Olive's come back to do her homework on my bed.

I stopped that testing there, since it seemed to just repeat what was already occurring.
----

I then launched a new save with the lot as is, which I'd admittedly never done before. I've always bulldozed it and made a tiny home there.

I noticed that both Knox and Bess had Send Home options when they showed up to inform me about voting, which they did not previously when it was a Tiny Home.

The Tinker family didn't repeatedly show up. Tina did drop by once, and she had a Send Home option.

The following day, I flipped it back to a Tiny Home (with some deleting of the second floor), and within fifteen minutes, the Tinkers were there again with no Send Home option.
----

I didn't save either of the games, but if you do need a save file for it, I can easily repeat it as it has occurred in every save where I've used that lot as a Tiny Home.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 4 of 11 (1,894 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [ECO] [TL] Tiny Houses draws NPCs on home lot in Evergreen Harbor

Hero

● Fixed an issue where Neighboring Sims could not be sent home. Neighborly manners have been repaired.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (866 Views)

All Replies

Re: Secret Society Members Burst into Gibbs Hill Homes to Steal Food

★★ Guide

I haven't experienced this with the Secret Society members because I rarely play in that neighborhood, however I have noticed random townies waltzing into my house and helping themselves to whatever they like, also with no option to send them home. It may not be exclusive to the SS.

Message 1 of 11 (1,901 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@thefailedbeta I moved your post over to the more general bursting in/water drinking but there's other threads so, do you have an ask to leave option ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict I've honestly forgotten the Ask to Leave option was even a thing, so I haven't tried to look for it. I'll keep an eye out for it the next time it happens. It seems to really be an issue with the Canal Corner lot in Evergreen Harbor. The Tinker family pretty much lives at my house. It was very stressful at first (and rather invasive/triggering), but I've since started adding things around the lot for them to entertain themselves with and worked it into the story telling. I can lock doors to keep them out of the house, but that lot seems to be operating as a public space.

Adding: I've been having the issue with that lot across numerous/all saves ever since the pack launched.

Message 3 of 11 (1,883 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@thefailedbeta Sounds the same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PSP-ECO-Haunted-house-draws-NPCs-on-home-lot-in-Evergreen-Harb...

Might merge these as people tend to just mix up their me toos if issues are this similar.

Also moved your other posts over here. There's just too many similar issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (1,857 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I clicked on this thinking it was my thread.  "Tiny Living? no, Paranormal Stuff!"  :D 

I "Me, too"ed because it sounds like the same issue, even though mine is PSP rather than TL, and The Shipping Views instead of Canal Corner. Daikoyu tested both lots and got the same results.

Message 6 of 11 (1,805 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah, it seems to be the two variants of the other residential lots.

Message 7 of 11 (1,794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Yep, it’s the same problem as haunted. This solution works with tiny(VanillaGame) too for me: Play the first two days as normal house and then change to tiny/haunted. // don't travel away for this 2 days and don't use Private Dwelling. The game must start all begginning-events correct and finish correct.

Message 8 of 11 (1,762 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the exact same problem. Tiny home lot in Evergreen Harbor. NPCs show up everyday and I can't make them leave. 

Message 9 of 11 (1,505 Views)

★★★★ Expert

FWIW, my tiny house in Moonwood Mill also drew NPCs. All occult gardeners, for some reason. Weird.

Message 10 of 11 (814 Views)