by crinrict

Original Post

[ECO] Random Townies Repairing Wind Turbines and Eco Living Objects

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except for Journey to Batuu, all stuff packs, no kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play any residential lot (I first encountered this issue in Mt. Komorebi, haven't tried other worlds yet).
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims keep repairing my outdoor objects that break such as the standing wind turbines. They don't offer to repair like they did when Eco Living first came out, and it's usually townies that my sim is not acquainted with either, they just happen to be walking by. I don't have the option to ask these sims to leave either.
What do you expect to see? People shouldn't be coming onto my lot uninvited, and they shouldn't be using the patio items I have either. All sims on the lot that aren't part of the household should have the "ask to leave option" available.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This has been happening since before the last two quick patches. Honestly I've had this issue with Mt. Komorebi specifically ever since Snowy Escape came out.

I saw that the other threads about this issue didn't pertain to Mt. Komorebi so I decided to make a thread specifically for that town since this issue has been happening since Snowy Escape came out. If I mistakenly missed a thread about it I apologize. I have included the link to my save below in case it is helpful. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kOxLU36bMfZHhxpO31Z3Zn73AvZP-ajp/view?usp=sharing

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (686 Views)

Re: Random Townies Coming onto Residential Lots- Mt. Komorebi

Hero
@Silver_Doe9453 The reason is more important than the world.

What do they do when they go into your home ?

Do they grill stuff or do de-stressing potions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

They will make de-stressing potions, come in for a glass of water, one time I had a guy start using my sims computer. They don't sleep, shower or cook in the house but will use the grill. They'll also repair my broken wind turbines. 

Message 3 of 8 (653 Views)

Hero
@Silver_Doe9453 So, the thread for the potion is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-OR-Autonomous-Stress-Relief-Potion-on-Grill-Finish...

Thread for drinking water is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NPC-sims-invade-home-to-drink-water-again/m-p/10530743

Repair could be the issue where NPCs offer their help to repair stuff. Did you have a message with that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (647 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Thanks for linking those! I went ahead and hit "me too" on the posts, but if you need me to do anything else let me know.

As for the repair action, no they have never offered to repair, and sometimes it's sims my sim isn't even acquainted with (such as Yamachan or other townies who just happen to be walking by). So I would figure that is a bug with the offer to repair interaction. They usually just walk up and repair the object. Should I make a different thread or update my current one?

Message 5 of 8 (627 Views)

Hero
@Silver_Doe9453 I'd say, update this one to make it about the repair issue. Not sure about the computer. There's so many threads for this issue, so I don't know if that was mentioned in one of the other threads.

Is that a regular thing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (608 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I went ahead and updated my post to be specifically about the repair issue, hope that this helps! 

It's pretty regular, the wind turbine breaks every other day or so until I upgrade them to be unbreakable and I will see Yamachan and others walk up and start repairing it autonomously unless my sim gets to it first. Sometimes I miss seeing the sims walk up and I just see the pile of trash and the wind turbine working as normal, which indicates someone came up and fixed it.

Message 7 of 8 (588 Views)

Hero
@Silver_Doe9453 thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (555 Views)