by dianed485

Original Post

[ECO] [GTW] [PSP] Active Career Tasks break ground in Evergreen Harbor

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the Detective Career. Wait to be sent on patrol in EH.
What happens when the bug occurs? The ground, deco houses and other decorations disappear.
What do you expect to see? Normal neighborhood
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happened to my game in the Grim's Quarry Neighborhood when my Police Officer was sent to patrol there. I quit without saving and have tried all the suggestions, but nothing fixes the problem.

All the other Evergreen Harbor Neighborhoods are fine and remain fine. Up until visiting GQ on patrol I did not experience any of the graphic glitches in EC. 

The Grim's Quarry Neighborhood no longer has an active household in my save. Not sure that makes a difference. It has both the Green and Modern NAP's in effect. Since SE it's had a Bath House, but has worked just fine up until now. 

Traveling with the GTW Detective or Doctor careers puts the neighborhood you travel to in a different state. 

I tried rolling back my save to before my Sim went to work and removed Mods folder. They were sent to GQ again. Same result. Seems related to visiting while on patrol. 

10-28-21_11_52_42 PM.jpg

10-28-21_11_57_16 PM.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title to show Paranormal tasks and other active careers are also affected

Message 6 of 8 (1,073 Views)

[ECO] [PSP] [GTW] Conifer Station Apartments bug with active careers

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Journey to Batuu, Toddlers Stuff, Fitness Stuff and My first pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim join the doctor or Paranormal investigator career and wait until they're send the apartment lot in Conifer Station..
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is unable to complete work tasks because they can't get inside the apartment or use the elevator. Also last time, the ground in the neighborhood was all blue.
What do you expect to see? My sims being able to access apartments and use elevators in apartment buildings the, they go there for work. The ground around the building shouldn't be blue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims with active careers are unable to perform their work tasks when they have to visit an apartment building (Doctor, Paranormal Investigator). Especially in Evergreen Harbor.

They can't get inside the apartments, and they are also stuck in the building because they can't use the elevator. Last time the ground all around the apartment building was blue.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (1,229 Views)

Re: Conifer Station Apartments bug with active careers.

Hero
@dianed485 Looks like your save may have corrupted.

Do you have a backup from before this happened and can you duplicate the same happening if you don't have any mods installed ?

Does the same happen if you test a new save for testing purposes (again with no mods)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,208 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I don’t have mods actually, just a little cc.
Message 3 of 8 (1,199 Views)

Hero
@dianed485 Could you test without anything anyways ? I can't currently test my own game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,194 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dianed485 Did you get a chance to test this without mods ?

Found an older thread for this but merged into new one cause new one has more me toos.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,035 Views)

Re: [ECO] [GTW] [PSP] Active Career Tasks break ground in Evergreen Harbor

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@crinrict I did find a workaround to this bug. You need to actively play through either enacting or repealing the Green and Modern NAP's. That is you need play a Household in that Neighborhood until each step of both NAP's is implemented or repealed.

You can use cheats to enable of repeal but only do one NAP at a time. (I tried both at once and my game (copy) crashed.) Wait until the first NAP is fully implemented before starting the next NAP.

This doesn't solve the problem of traveling to EH for an active career. I'd suggest doing a save and then a save as* just prior to any career travel.

*Why?

Save = Saves when every thing is "ok."

Save as = If you travel and find things have gone bad you can very easily go back to the "Save" version.

Message 7 of 8 (865 Views)

Re: [ECO] [GTW] [PSP] Active Career Tasks break ground in Evergreen Harbor

Hero
@DizzyDee-K Could you test if this is fixed with today's patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (685 Views)