[ECO]Lot ecofootprint commodity resetting everytime you load a lot.

by Marquillotuca89

Original Post

[ECO]Lot ecofootprint commodity resetting everytime you load a lot.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's kind of hard to reproduce, but here we go. You must have UI Cheats and be able to see the Ecofootprint_lot commodity. That's why Im' sure this is a bug and I think most people don't realize it exist. (it might be the cause for the bar to decay quickly and you're lot going to a neutral state everytime you load the game up.) Build a house with a lot of industrial/green build mode objects. Then, go to live mode and check the ecofootprint value of the lot. Change it with UI Cheats to another number. Travel to another lot and then, go back to the previous lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you check the lot ecofootprint commodity, its value will be "stucked" on the value the commodity had prior to your travel. This, obvioulsy, will cause the street ecofootprint to move to another state.
What do you expect to see? The game keeping the lot ecofootprint value that the lot has.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So, I've been doing a lot of testing, and I think the problem happens the moment you add a lot of items from Build Mode that has a ecofootprint.  To be clearler, I will explain the problem with an example:

1. You build a house, since you place wallpaper and windows with an industrial ecofootprint, those elements impact the lot eco footprint with a value of 350, towards industrial state.
  2. Now, through UI Commands Cheats or normal gameplay, you change that value to, let's say, -400 (which means, you lot will be given a green state). 
  3. After that, you travel to another lot and then comeback home. 
  4. When you're back to the previous lot, you'll see that even when you left the lot, it had a green state, now, if you check the lot ecofootprint value, it will be something like 50 and the lot will loose its green state. Its like the 350 points were susbtracted to the previous -400.
  5. Because of that, the street ecofootprint will suffer since that value is calculated taking all the values from all the lots of the neighborhood. which can cause a change on the state from green/industrial to neutral. 

I've done lots of testing, without mods and that problems persists. If you don't add any build mode object with a ecofootprint, this doesn't happen, so I can say that is the cause. 

Message 1 of 1 (239 Views)