by alanmichael1

Original Post

[ECO] Lot Eco Footprint Not Properly Displaying on Active Lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion: All Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville Stuff Packs: Vintage Glamour, My First Pet, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Build a house with green/industrial materials 2) Wait for the lot footprint meter to turn green or brown
What happens when the bug occurs? The lot footprint doesn't update on the active lot when the footprint changes green or brown. It remains neutral.
What do you expect to see? The lot footprint to go from neutral to green/industrial.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

• Going to the map view and reentering the lot does not fix the issue.
  • Traveling does not fix the issue
  • Going into a different household and returning to the previous household doesn't fix the issue.
  • I waited the full almost 6 Sim days for the lot footprint status to change

Lot 1 - Green

In live mode the footprint shows as neutral

01-23-21_6-44-28 AM.png

When traveling with a Sim the lot footprint shows as green on the map

green footprint.png

Lot 1 - Industrial

In live mode the footprint shows as neutral

01-23-21_6-53-14 AM.png

In map view (no traveling) it shows as Industrial.  When traveling it shows as industrial so I don't think it matters.

industrial.png

Message 1 of 6 (1,070 Views)

Re: [ECO] Lot Eco Footprint Not Properly Displaying on Active Lot

★★★★ Pro

I always thought that metre showed the status of the whole neighbourhood.

Message 2 of 6 (1,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello @canelacaliente,

Could you please check and let me know which N.A.P was activated when you see this issue ?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 6 (1,018 Views)

★★★ Pro
@alanmichael1 It shows for the entire neighborhood but for the active lots. If you don't play on a residential lot, its score doesn't count towards the neighborhood score. Community lots are still counted. The lots that are all neutral are unplayed.

If I have a single active lot and no community lots, the score should not freeze. The neighborhood should go to green/industrial.

Once I start adding additional additional active households to the neutral lots or I change the lot types to a community lot type, the score should drop down from green/industrial to neutral until I add green/industrial objects.
Message 4 of 6 (1,002 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SimGuruRitzy

In the neighborhood with the industrial house they are:
Eco-Friendly Appliances
Fun-Loving Community
Upcycling Initiative
Green Gardening

In the neighborhood with the green house they are:
Juiced Community
Power Conservation
Roughhousing Encouraged
Upcycling Initiative
Message 5 of 6 (1,000 Views)

EA Staff

Thanks for the Info @canelacaliente 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (995 Views)