by Kaldir

Original Post

[ECO] Instant Upgrade on toilet installs conflicting upgrades

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Vampires and some Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose Instant Upgrade (Aspiration Trait) on a toilet that was already manually upgraded with the Water Recycler.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toilet gets (amongst other upgrades) the Composting Container, resulting in having both Composting Container and Water Recycler at the same time.
What do you expect to see? No Composting Container upgrade, as it is mutually exclusive with Water Recycler.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When manually upgrading a toilet with the Water Recycler installed, the Composting Container is correctly not available as an option.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 5 (1,672 Views)

Re: [ECO] Instant Upgrade on toilet installs conflicting upgrades

Hero

@Kaldir 

Is this showing up for you on all toilet or just a few of them?  I have noticed it happening only with one of the City Living toilets (the cheapest tall toilet), but not any others.  It might have happened on one of the talking toilets, but I can't recall clearly if it did or not.  In any case, it was just the City Living toilets.  I always do the eco upgrade first and then do the instant upgrade next.  That works on every toilet for me except that one and maybe the talking toilets from CitL.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 5 (1,605 Views)

★ Guide
@CGrant56

It happens on several different toilets, but I haven't tested them all. But it wasn't City Living toilets I used.
Message 3 of 5 (1,570 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I had it consistently happen on the Seasons and the Tiny Living toilets.

Message 4 of 5 (1,549 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah. And if one of them isn't already installed, instant upgrade does both (which shouldn't happen I don't think). Honestly, maybe eco upgrades should be excluded from instant upgrades altogether, since they're kind of a different thing anyway. 

Message 5 of 5 (944 Views)